Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

OCC Stingray CHOPPER build 😎

I've had similar experiences with Mr. Wilson from pedalchoppers. Free advice and technical specs will be ignored or he will do his best to steer you back to his products. If he doesn't smell any chance for incoming $$$, he will tell you what you're doing is impossible or unsafe.
  2. M

Take apart an old disc brake

That caliper is wicked cool. The outside half would look great detailed.
  3. M

26" BMX Handlebars with more back sweep

Not to steer off topic, but how do you like those Schwalbe Big Apples?
  4. M

Schwinn OCC StingRay 3-Speed hub

The bicycledesigner.com parts should be exactly what I need. I noticed that not only are the rotor adapters out of stock, LOTS of other stuff is too. Is this common with the bicycledesigner.com website?
  5. M

Jim Wilson from pedalchopper.com says the adapter he sells for taking the freewheel sprocket off the rear hub on a single speed OCC is the same thread but having both hubs at hand to measure with my dial calipers (Starrett brand, very accurate), I have to question that. Unless I'm measuring the...
  6. M

is this from the bicycledesigner.com website?
  7. M

I thought of that and I measured the freewheel sprocket journal on a spare single speed OCC StingRay because I'll aware that Jim Wilson at Pedalchopper has a threaded adapter for those. It appears to be about .125" bigger in diameter. I'll contact him since he's likely experienced with this...
  8. M

I just picked up a 3-speed Schwinn OCC Sting Ray and would like to add a disc brake to the left (opposite the chain cog). Since the factory 3-speed OCC choppers use rim brakes, there are no brake parts on the hub itself. Amazingly, this hub (SX-RB3) is designed for a BAND brake! While I'm sure...
  9. M

Covid Bike Boom Cooling Off?

Add survivor, barn fresh, barn find, extremely rare...ect, all words designed to add "value" to an otherwise unremarkable and common item.
  10. M

Cannibal on a budget

Update...bike was sold due to lack of storage space. On to something else.
  11. M

SOLD Polished 26”x67mm 100/135mm 3 spd Sturmey Disc

Are these still available?
  12. M

Cannibal on a budget

I did finally score one of these. It's a well kept 2004 3-speed in medium metallic blue. I like it but it's too nice to cut up and kind of a pain to ride because it's got that "chopper flop" in the front end. I bought it for a decent price, so when the weather breaks next spring, I'll probably...
  13. M

Cannibal on a budget

*Update* found one and bought it.
  14. M

Chopper bars

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have a set of handlebars from the Roadmaster built Sportster bicycle they're willing to part with? I want them for a Nirve Cannibal and they need to be 7/8" on the knurl in the middle.
  15. M

Girvin Suspension Forks 1" Tube

*Bump* Did they sell...YAY or NAY?
  16. M

Cannibal on a budget

I'm smitten by the Nirve Cannibal/Switchblade bikes but can't afford to be bitten by the price. I'm not keen to lay out several hundred dollars for a new bicycle and then start cutting on it. After much searching, I found this. Probably made on the same production line as the Nirve bikes...
  17. M

Cannibal on a budget

I'm smitten by the Nirve Cannibal/Switchblade bikes but can't afford to be bitten by the price. I'm not keen to lay out several hundred dollars for a new bicycle and then start cutting on it. After much searching, I found this. Probably made on the same production line as the Nirve bikes...
  18. M

Mongoose Beast Fat Bike build and ideas

Can anyone tell me the top tube diameter of this bike ? Thanks, MHF
  19. M

Who Did This?

You will notice that it DIDN'T sell......zero bids. Given the chance, we'd all like to find something to sell with a profit margin like this, but it's disheartening to see when you know it's availible to anyone for far less with free shipping if they knew where to look. The only way I can see...
  20. M

Girvin Spring

I believe my fork is a Vector I. The vacant area that used to be occupied by the elastomer is about 1 5/8" X 2 1/2" so this spring will fit. I'm not sure about the spring rate, but the linkage is about a 1.3 to 1 ratio and I'm a big guy. http://www.mcmaster.com/#9573k82/=nm0yof MHF
Back