Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. ndaway

78 Stingray

I had been wanting a Stingray to add to my collection for a while. Last month i found a good one at the Midwest bicycle swap meet. here it is when i brought it home
  2. ndaway

new Brooks Cambium(rubber) for the Hulk

like the title says I got a new Brooks Cambium (one of the new rubber ones) for my fat bike (Hulk)
  3. ndaway

Schwinn Varsity makeover

I like to keep one skinny tire light weight in the stable..I sold my 64 Schwinn Traveler this summer, but then I found this clean Varsity at our city wide garage sales this summer. its been sitting and I decided to give it some attention. here it is when I bought her
  4. ndaway

Doctor Who Schwinn heavy duti

got this from Ind_Chuckz...My daughter had a late 40s Columbia and i noticed a couple of cracks in the frame so i bought this for her and traded out most of the parts..she loves Dr. Who
  5. ndaway

Columbia for daughter

got this frame at midwest swapmeet last weekend from 65rat. you may remember it as hot rod columbia from build off 7..any way as soon as i got it home my daughter layed claim to it and i really dont need any more bikes so i told her to dig out what she wanted from my parts stash so she quickly...
  6. ndaway

My new FATTIE

Last month I was all set to order a Dolomite and then I decided at the last minute to order a Motobecane from bikes direct. The down side to this is they are out of stock and you can only preorder and wait untill May. Another down side (for me anyway) last year they had orange and bright green...
  7. ndaway

1948 Hiawatha makeover

I have not built much this last year stayed busy with life :crazy2:.( two surgeries, 16 and 18 year old boys)..I did find time to do some rides. this bike i bought didnt seem to fit or ride very well so i gave it a make over this summer, smaller bars, removed laid back seat post. but it still...
  8. ndaway

48 Hiawatha makeover

My 48 Hiawatha didnt fit me very well and i put it for sale.. had a couple of bites but they couldnt come up with the money,, so i decided to give it a make over. First i removed the laid back seat post and put smaller bars on it. that made it ride alot better for me then i repainted the...
  9. ndaway

1980 Schwinn cruiser 5 makeover

I got bored having not worked on many bikes lately so i decided to make my cruiser 5 more off-road looking so heres before
  10. ndaway

Phat Cycle delivery

My Phat Cycle went from this to this
  11. ndaway

1980 Schwinn cruiser 5

Just picked this one up.. It had no seat so i threw this old S seat on it. Ran the #s and came back Aug. 1980. Going to clean it up and regrease and put new cables on 8)
  12. ndaway

New jocky shifter :)

My 52 Hawthorne has had a jocky shift on the rear seat stay and i like the shifter more toward the front so i came up with this tonight. first pic is before and the others are how i have it mocked up tonight (of course i will still have to run the cable and paint the white and the stem part black)
  13. ndaway

buy or build?

I love building bikes 8) and i have bought a couple of already built bikes and just changed a few things to my taste. So how do you guys weigh in do you buy already built bikes or just build your own? Lately I have found a couple already built bikes for sale that i really like and are priced...
  14. ndaway

Bike2112 Build Gallery

Sweeet 8)
  15. ndaway

how to video on fitting fat tires

I have used a coil spring compressor to spread the chain stays on a couple of bikes to fit a 3" tire. I have done it on these two bikes here is a picture of the set up on the coke bike, I bolted a hub in the rear and the coil spring compressor on the chian stays this picture shows...
  16. ndaway

1946 Cleveland Welding 11-11 update

Gave this one to my son Jesse to fix up. He is a member here but dosnt visit very often so im going to document for him :D I told him to do whatever he wants so i dont know how this will end up :shock: here are the start pictures
  17. ndaway

Western flyer tank bike for wife.. DONE!!!

Im going to go ahead and start a build thread for this one even though i havnt started yet :lol: but soon. Wife wanted a cruiser soi got a hold of this Western Flyer and she has been deciding on colors and stuff. Its going to have a nexus three speed cuz we live around some hills any way heres...
  18. ndaway

dayton built Western flyer tank bike

The wife has a light weight that i built for her and wanted a cruiser so i found this today. didnt come with a chainguard but i found a funky one that i can make fit. i will start a build thread when i get started :D
  19. ndaway

Who has redone their build off bike

I know i cant be the only one :| Who out there has redone their build off bike since the final photos..I will start with mine at the end of the build off and redone today
  20. ndaway

MONSTER HIGGINS REBUILD.NEW PICS!!

I like my build off bike monster higgins but it just doesnt seem to have that POP so i experimented with these tripple tree forks should i or not :?: here is a before pic and a pic with the forks that seem to raise the front end too high :? so the last pic is where i think i will cut the...
Back