Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. pjbjr413

Moving to Pennsylvania

My wife took a job at Penn State, so in two weeks there will be three Texans residing in the State College area, any good places to ride or hang out? Good places to go four wheeling? Hike? We like to be an active family. Heck, anybody hiring? I'm going to job hunting as well.
  2. pjbjr413

Slow Spokes DFW October 2014 Cruiser Ride

I hope to be making it out to this ride, I work Saturdays so seldom can I make it out, definetly looking forward to it
  3. pjbjr413

BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

My latest, nearly finished BMX project, '91 Redline 220, few more things left to do, can't wait for the weather to warm up so I'm a little more motivated to get in the garage.
  4. pjbjr413

I don't understand the negative stigma that bike shops have w/ "customizers"

I've dealt with those shops in Denton, had one of the guys make fun of me for messing around with BMX stuff, referring to them as "dumb kids bikes", that was the last time I stepped into their establishment.
  5. pjbjr413

WHAT GOT YOU INTO THE BIKE HOBBY

Like, probably all of us, I rode as a kid for transportation, then got close to 16 and cars and trucks became my obsession. Then a few years ago I dug my mom's '67 Spaceliner out of the attic to restore and surprise her as a birthday gift, she bought the bike with birthday money when it was...
  6. pjbjr413

WHAT GOT YOU INTO THE BIKE HOBBY

Like, probably all of us, I rode as a kid for transportation, then got close to 16 and cars and trucks became my obsession. Then a few years ago I dug my mom's '67 Spaceliner out of the attic to restore and surprise her as a birthday gift, she bought the bike with birthday money when it was...
  7. pjbjr413

bike hobby changing?

In my 3 short years in the bike hobby I've seen changes, but I see it as a good thing, it's expanding. In the last year or so I've seen more and more kids on old cruisers or their new stylistic counter parts, kids on their dad's old BMX and loving it. If the hobby is changing and evolving it...
  8. pjbjr413

24/20 Buzz Bike

I've had this bike for a while, ride it a while in the as purchased state, then decided that it was time to redo it. Had it painted over a year ago, got busy, stashed it in the closet and didn't touch it again until this morning. It's been painted late model Camaro fusion green, similar to the...
  9. pjbjr413

Who is stoked for winter riding?

I'm ready for some winter riding, it was 70 here yesterday, so I rode, today it was 40, so I didn't
  10. pjbjr413

Christmas Bike Wishes

I'd like a new wheel set for one of my bikes, the wheels on it now have seen better days, I'd probably ride it a lot more.
  11. pjbjr413

Shipping issues, need some opinions and help

Thanks for the input, at least this reassures me that I'm not crazy or clueless. He hasn't started a case against me as of yet and I hope to find a resolution or talk some sense into him with out it going that far
  12. pjbjr413

How long have you been married?

A little over 4 years, she puts up with the garage full of bikes, the old trucks in the back yard, the muddy Jeep in the driveway, I'd say she's a keeper
  13. pjbjr413

Yes, it was through eBay
  14. pjbjr413

I just sold a bike and shipped it to the buyer and he is unhappy that I shipped it disassembled, this totally throws me off, to me there is no other way to efficently and affordably ship a bike. I don't know how to respond, anybody else ever run into this complaint? This isn't the first bike...
  15. pjbjr413

Skyway Mag cracking issues??

I had a Scrambler with Tuff II's that had some minor cracking and I rode it all the time just cruising the neighborhood with no problems at all, also they didn't appear to get any worse during the 6 months or so I rode it a lot.
  16. pjbjr413

LONE STAR VINTAGE BIKE SHOW - OCT. 5 2013 - PHOTOS!!!!

Re: LONE STAR VINTAGE BIKE SHOW - OCT. 5 2013 Not again!!! It's the same weekend as the Good Guys Fall Nationals..... So I can't make it as much as I'd like to
  17. pjbjr413

Forming a Cruiser Bicycle Club in DFW

Very much looking forward to the ride, never rode this trail but everything I've read about is positive, can't wait!
  18. pjbjr413

Texas DFW Area

I'd be down for a show and cruise and wouldn't have a problem with driving a little bit to get there. The only problem I've had getting to the local bike swap meets is that they always seem to fall the weekend of major classic car swap meets and auctions and since I make my living in that world...
  19. pjbjr413

can anyone id this rim?

It appears to a Chevy or GMC rim, Ford, Dodge, and International all used 5 lug wheels on their half ton trucks back in the day
  20. pjbjr413

Texas DFW Area

I don't have any truly custom bikes, just pieced together rats and bmx stuff, but I'd be down for some group cruising. I like the family friendly idea as I've gotten my wife into riding some and our 1 year old loves checking out the sights from his trailer.
Back