Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. auditech10

Boa-G’s on 80mm rim, how wide are they really?

Good morning fellow builders! I have a question, and the title pretty much sums it up. I was wondering if anyone has put the Boa-G’s (26x3.45) on an 80mm wide rim. I have a Nexus 7 speed that I want to lace into them, but want to make sure the tire/rim combo won’t be too wide for the chain line...
  2. auditech10

Fat Bottom Girl (it's a chopper, not a girl) for sale.

The time has come to part with my 2017 build off entry, Fat Bottom Girl. I've had my fun, rode it to work, entered a car show (didn't trophy, haha). Most may remember the build thread, it received many compliments. It gets more in person. Since I don't have any point of reference to go by for...
  3. auditech10

Build Off 12 Voting booth broken links

I didn't want to muddy up the voting booth by posting at the bottom, but there appears to be several links to finished threads that aren't working properly. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just user error on my part?
  4. auditech10

Chop, Cut, Shuffle...now Fat-Bottomed Girl... Finished!

I still can't believe I put a Porsche wheel on a bicycle. The fact that it is comfortable to ride is even more amazing. Thank you for all the support from the forum, but most of all, from my wife. She has been my biggest cheerleader during this entire build. Not once did she complain about...
  5. auditech10

Cut, chop, shuffle, let's see what happens!

I have been a member on this site for a while, but have decided to join my first build off. I spent some time thinking of a direction to go, and an ultimate goal. That has proved to be troublesome. Instead, I'm going to make it up as I go. I know I am going to use the Porsche GT3 wheel pictured...
  6. auditech10

Murray Fleetwing Ladies Cruiser w/ Tank and Light

I have a Murray Ladies Chrome 26" cruiser tank bike, with lights and horn (both inoperable, but everything is there), rear rack. Jeweled crank and pedals, Bendix red band hub. New tires installed to make it road worthy, original Vredestein tires included with sale. I will be in Trexlertown on...
  7. auditech10

Schwinn E/F custom build, it has begun!

I recently came across what was literally a pile of Schwinn electro-forged frames, and they all looked good starting points for builds. They were all stripped of paint or repainted to some degree, so of no value to me as far as restoration goes. The first frame I decided to do a dull gloss black...
  8. auditech10

New Departure model "D" overhaul and year identification

My normal Saturday nights involve staying in and working on bicycles, last night was no different. I disassembled, cleaned and overhauled my first New Departure model "D" coaster hub. It was fun, but a little frustrating at times. The brake plates were kinda tricky. I was wondering, is there a...
  9. auditech10

Best place to sell complete bikes and customs

Good evening all! I am looking to start a "business", but I am having trouble figuring out a venue to sell my product. I have been restoring and building custom bicycles, mainly balloon tire and middleweight cruisers. I have been building some custom rides if I don't have a complete bike to...
  10. auditech10

Girls Western Flyer Identification help

Good morning, I am having a little trouble trying to ID a bike I picked up recently. Its a girls Western Flyer by Western Auto, skip tooth chain, peaked fenders and springer fork. I picked it up for a song, but it is in need of a lot of work. It has been repainted, the original color appears to...
  11. auditech10

1955 J.C. Higgins build, a long work in progress

Here are some pics of my J.C. Higgins build that has finally taken some direction. I initially stripped the frame to go with bare metal, I liked the way the brazing looked. I finally decided to primer and paint it gloss black, which looks much better. I am going with 26" wheels, I found a ridged...
  12. auditech10

1988 Schwinn Traveler Restoration

I haven't posted here in quite a while, but I have been building quite a bit lately. I have also ventured into the world of restorations. Being an avid road cyclist, I have been focusing on vintage road bikes. I picked up this 1988 Schwinn Traveler recently, I liked the color, and it looked to...
  13. auditech10

Bamboo SS...built not bought

I wanted to post some pics of my bamboo SS project now that its been on the road for a while. After chopping the tubes and some rough mitering,I built a "jig" to fine tune and tack the joints tacking and spacing the rear dropouts checking alignment,and getting excited to see progress the...
  14. auditech10

This is for the soldiers

Uploaded with ImageShack.us This is my first build,but most definitely not my last,I am hooked. I have always liked the look of the WW2 WLA Harleys,so I wanted to emulate that feel with this bike.The photo credit goes to Adriel Shank,the second half of Liz Krome photography.Thanks for...
  15. auditech10

my first build

hey,this is my first build,thought id throw some pics up and maybe i could get some constructive critisism.i started with a huffy single speed cruiser.i got it on the cheap,and it was in decent shape.it has a springer seat i want to cover in leather,or maybe leave bare depending on what it looks...
  16. auditech10

new guy from central pennsylvania

hey, i just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself.im an auto mechanic by day,but bicycles have always been my passion.bmx,mountain,road,you name it,i love it.i stumbled across this site while doing research for an upcoming gift.my gf loves the movie "Pee-Wees Big Adventure",so i decided i...
Back