Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. P

Springer fork ID

Could anyone tell me what brand this fork is? Is it worth restoring?Looks like the threads are pretty rough. Thanks
  2. P

Buzz Bike age

I am wondering if anyone can give a little help on finding when this WF Buzz Bike was made.The serial number is on the neck,so I think it has to be a '72 or later.The first letter looks like a p to me and the guy I got it from thought it was a h.I haven't seen either listed.Any help would be...
  3. P

Western Flyer Buzzbike

Traded a Micargi Tahiti for this Western Flyer Buzzbike today.The chrome is rusty,but it looks complete.I have been looking for a muscle bike for awhile!Does anyone know how to date it? Thanks
  4. P

Wham o wheelie bars

Anyone remember this commercial? http://www.yourememberthat.com/media/3175/WHAM_O_WHEELIE_BAR_TV_COMMERCIAL_1966/#.VA0GkPldW2B
  5. P

Micargi Tahiti nx3

This was today's find,26" cruiser with a nexus 3 speed.The seat is taped up with electrical tape,the seat post is rusty and it has no chain.This is the first multi speed,coaster bike I have had.Anyone know anything about these bikes?
  6. P

Id and value help, please

Picked this little jewel up today.Twin top tube,western flyer hand grips,schwinn messinger seat that has been painted over.Good pedals and crank,straight fenders,chain guard,good wheels(front wheel missing one spoke),super komet rear hub.Handler bars are tack welded to the stem and the whole...
  7. P

Bike storage

Any good ideas on storing bicycles in a small space,but easy to remove one without having to move others out of the way?All of ours are stored in the basement with an outside door.It makes it hard to get around or do any work.I would love to hear/see any ideas.Thanks
  8. P

Tire/rim sizes

I have two rear wheels,one from a western flyer,fairway flyer the other I'm not sure.They both say Bendix Mexico and appear to be the same.The wf had 1 3/8 tires and I was wondering if any tires listed as 1 3/8 would fit.Also is there any wider tire,say 1 3/4 that would fit these rims? Would it...
  9. P

Coppertone paint

Does anyone know where to get affordable coppertone paint?I'm going to start on a '74 Schwinn Suburban,that I'm changing to a single speed coaster brake.I think I would like to repaint it coppertone if I can find it in a spray bomb.
  10. P

Goodyear Hi-Way Patrol

Stopped by a junk store today that had a Columbia Hi-Way Patrol bike.They were asking $200 for it.He said he thought it was a1950 or 51 model.Too rich for my blood,or did I walk away from a good deal?I would have to flip it fast if I bought it.
  11. P

Merry CHRISTmas

Merry CHRISTmas everyone! :D :D
  12. P

shipping

What is best method for shipping you guys have found.I have some items for sale and priced them using flat rate boxes.Is there a cheaper way to ship?
  13. P

Roadmaster Pilot Deluxe

This is a ladies Pilot Deluxe I picked up the other day.I stripped off everything but the headset and fork.I plan on selling the tank(w/lights),the rack,chain guard,the Troxel seat,and maybe the bendix hub.I may try adding a bar to make it a men's,if I can find some cheap set of wheels and...
  14. P

A little help needed

I saw a bike at a antique store the other day.It was a Roadmaster Pilot Deluxe (I think Deluxe) girls model.It was kinda rusty,the seat was ripped and the tires were rotten.It had a good tank,rear rack,chain guard and solid frame.They are asking $25 for it. I'm not into the girls bikes,so I...
  15. P

New old guy

I have been checking out this site,but thought I was too old (53)to join.Then I saw 9 pages of over 50 members,then I knew I was at the right place. I live in the small town of Oolitic,Indiana.I am the proud granddad of 6 and I have redone bikes for 2 of them so far and hope to fix some for...
Back