Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. deven_science

The… needs a new name

I'm following, so I can steal photos for my socials. haha.
  2. deven_science

Bed Frame Bike, v2.0

Once a year, I go to a local high school that has a shop class dedicated to bike maintenance, called Bike Tech. I bring a few bikes, and talk to five classes of kids about building custom bicycles, answer questions about getting into fabrication for work or hobby, and let them know about...
  3. deven_science

Bed Frame Bike, v2.0

The Bed Frame v2.0 is a rider. To answer a few of the criticisms I've gotten online, yes, the pedals are on either side of the front wheel. It hasn’t bothered me. And yes, I did have to notch the cross brace a bit for the chain line. That was my bad. haha It’s quite comfortable to ride, with...
  4. deven_science

little kids bikes that look good

I've built two for kids, a custom strider bike on 8" wheels, and a custom 12".
  5. deven_science

Finally a Felt!

A bike frame I built was in a New Belgium commercial a few years ago.
  6. deven_science

Bed Frame Bike, v2.0

A bottom bracket has been added. Also, I was so lost as to what to do with the loose tubing ends in the back, that I simply cut them short, and welded in some 1/2" nuts. Now, anytime I want, I can add to it. Sissy bar for a different seat? Tail lights? Spikes? I can decide all that later, and I...
  7. deven_science

Bed Frame Bike, v2.0

Threw some parts on it, just to see how it's sitting.
  8. deven_science

Bed Frame Bike, v2.0

Rear drops, made from a welding magnet.
  9. deven_science

Bed Frame Bike, v2.0

I used the two cut off ends of the bed frame to make the two sides of the rear of the bike, and tried to connect them in a way that they still line up just as the headboard lines did. The posts were removed, as they screamed "headboard" just a little too much for me, but the post toppers may...
  10. deven_science

Bed Frame Bike, v2.0

Head tube welded on, and taking shape.
  11. deven_science

Bed Frame Bike, v2.0

Anyone remember the bed frame bike? It was a simple $60 build very early in my custom bicycle days that put me on the map, so to speak. I built it in 2012, and took it to the Sacramento Cyclefest Bike Show that year. That’s when folks started to take notice of me. It even got me on TV, haha. My...
  12. deven_science

Rugged Lugged, formerly Lugged Tracker

More details filled in, including a faux-tank, shifter, and other smalls.
  13. deven_science

I've got the bottom all welded out, put some bars on, and have her as a rider. Few more details to handle, including a shifter for the Nexus.
  14. deven_science

ConTENtious

Interesting.
  15. deven_science

I decided to reuse an idea that I've done once before, and that is to make part of the frame look like the exhaust system of a motorcycle. So, I've got tacked together the new chain stays. I also put a different saddle (literally) on it, to try out. It's a lot of weight added to the bike, but...
  16. deven_science

I thought the name Rugged Lugged was funny, because it should rhyme, but doesn't, because English is weird! So, I started the "Lugged Tracker" during the build off, and left it at a place where it was rideable, but I very much wasn't happy with it. I was at a standstill, and set it aside...
  17. deven_science

ConTENtious

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! Okay, so I'm a dumba... um, an idiot, and have to admit that in my spacy-ness, I didn't even realize that was you. I have your phone number, why didn't you just text me? Then I would have known it was you. haha. What a moron I am. I have you in my phone as "Mike...
  18. deven_science

Seabee Tribute (Future) Project

Steelworker here, or at least, my tattoo says so. haha
  19. deven_science

Stainless Scrapper

A video walk around as it stands now.
  20. deven_science

Burrito bikes!!

Back