Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Voyager Al

Changing styles

I recently built a shed to house my 20-something bikes. I also built a stretched bike, on a Dyno Roadster dimensions. Seems that I yearn for more stretched bikes, than my old cruisers. I don't wanna start problems here,but I want to sell a few bikes, to fund getting a custom built frame or two...
  2. Voyager Al

Pittsburgh September swap

September 14 and 15th. Held at Bicycle Heaven . Free to get in, free setup, free everything. Swapmeet, show, and museum tour. Craig has bought a few more warehouses, and has a great inventory of od BMX stuff,od bike NOS stuff. Tires galore,all new ,60's and 70's NOS. Stop and see us. We usually...
  3. Voyager Al

losing interest...HELP

I recently bought a Royal Enfield motorcycle. It has consumed me. I haven't visited this site in 2 wees, and haven't ridden a bicycle in at least that long. Havent seen any posts for any local get-togethers,either.. what has happened to my past addiction? The RE is a cool, old looking bike. Its...
  4. Voyager Al

First Burrito

My first attempt at a burrito. Took dimensions of all the important dimensions from a Dyno Roadster. Then filled in the dots,on a cardboard sheet. Used a rear triangle from a Ross Street bike, the headtube and downtubes from a ladies cruiser from the 60's. Filled in all the gaps with parts from...
  5. Voyager Al

Hurley

got a Felt Hurley Puerto Rico plaid bike yesterday. Black frame,plaid tank,wheels and fenders. Single speed/coaster. Quik Bricks. and got a Sonoma Oasis chainless mans cruiser with a 3 speed Nexus. Havent had time to even ride them. I have been insulating my new 12 x 16 shed that was built last...
  6. Voyager Al

Bicycle Heaven Swap June 2

FREE to all. Vendors free set up. 7am setup. Sell anything bike related. Dealers welcome. Deals galore. See the museum free. North side of Pittsburgh. Preble avenue.
  7. Voyager Al

June 2,Bicycle Heaven SWAP MEET

Pittsburgh,Pa. Bicycle Heaven. Swap meet, daybreak to whenever. FREE setup, no entrance fee. THIS has been a great swap meet everytime I go. Dealers welcome! Buyers needed. Sellers needed. Bring ur parts,or complete bikes. Craig just recently got in a HUGE warehouse inventory from the 60's. He...
  8. Voyager Al

Hawthorne pedal ?

nice set of pedals, but the main threaded bolt is bent, on both. They are rebuildable, but I don't know where to get the OE Bolts. Worth selling? Very little rust on them, the strap has HAWTHORNE on it. I replaced them with a real nice set of Western Flyer pedals I had. Anyone have a old set...
  9. Voyager Al

48 Hawthorn

Got this one from a Fellow Pittsburgh Rat Rodder,Tim Finkas. I purchased some of his parts, and this sweet Hawthorn. Thanks,Tim,I love the bike and parts
  10. Voyager Al

Not really a FIND

I bought this bike from dogdart. He had bought it last year, and I wanted it as soon as I saw it. But he sold it to Black Crown. A few months later, he traded back, then a few months later, sold it to me. All I did was painted the front forks,and the tank, and added the white stripe to the rack...
  11. Voyager Al

CL find, as WF

Was advertised as a 60's Western Flyer. Not sure what it is, FlightLiner?
  12. Voyager Al

light and a horn?

Since my dad passed away last week, I went down to Alabama to clear out his house. Got a truck a trailer, and loaded them both and drove home. Got a new 24" MTB bike, my daughter will use. Got a old rusty bike I will cut up for burrito metal. The awesome find was a horn, I THINK. I need yall to...
  13. Voyager Al

My Fat-bike

Sun Spyder AT, with a Topeak rack and bag, a Avid BB7 front disc brake. Blackburn light. Avid Speed Dial brake lever, and a better than stock Cloud 9 seat I tried to post a video here, but cant...Check the vid on our facebook site. Kool Kats BC
  14. Voyager Al

Firestone find

Got it off CL today. Gonna use the rack,fenders, light,headbadge,seat,bars and stem, and truss rods on my Snyder. The tank and frame/fork are for sale
  15. Voyager Al

good haul 3/16

found 2bikes on CL last night. One was for sale for 50, I got there, and saw a skip-toothed mans bike, fair condition. Snyder built? I got it for 30. looks like it HAD a Beehive springer at one time. Anyone with parts to complete this? then I traveled south to Connelsville and got the...
  16. Voyager Al

Sun Spyder AT

Saw a fat tired bike at Bicycle Heaven today. I want it. Looks like a Surly Pugsly.26X4 spyder tread tires. 2 speed kick-back hub. Yellow. Neat. Anyone know about them?
  17. Voyager Al

Kool Kats BC,Pittsburgh,Pa

Facebook:Kool Kats BC Meet usually in Millvale Riverview Park or Bicycle Heaven
  18. Voyager Al

freeware for GoPro editing

I got a GoPro 2 for christmas, and cant find a simple software to use to EASILY edit videos. Im not super on a computer, but pics have never been a problem . Im not a dummy, but am really struggling with getting vids to post online. I want to edit them first. What do ya all use?
  19. Voyager Al

Pittsburgh 2/10

ride from Millvale,meet at noon. See ya there. Will ride around, maybe find a beer. I will have my GoPro rolling, i need practice editing video. See ya!
  20. Voyager Al

Bendix 2 speed shifter hub

bought an Evans that had a 2 speed hub with shifter. Grease in it was all hard. I disassembled, and cleaned and regreased. It glides smooth, but still doesnt shift. Does anyone know how to adjust the hub? I release tension via the shift cable, and it doesnt engage all the way. Increase tension...
Back