Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. JaySeaAre

New Departure Model D Transfer/Clutch Springs Sheering Off. Why?

Thanks, I'll look into the disk count.
  2. JaySeaAre

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

I've got it overhauled and riding well except for the New Departure rear hub keeps breaking the little clutch / transfer spring.
  3. JaySeaAre

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

1940s Schwinn DX.
  4. JaySeaAre

This is the 1940s Schwinn DX that has the hub/spring breaking problem.
  5. JaySeaAre

What causes the retarder / retainer / clutch / transfer spring tab to sheer off in a New Departure Model D Coaster Hub? I overhauled my ND Model D rear hub and found it had a broken spring. I bought a NOS spring and installed it. I tested the bike briefly and the brakes instantly failed to stop...
  6. JaySeaAre

Genisis Onyx 29r Retro Conversion

Thanks for the compliments. About the decal removal, I softened them with rubbing alcohol and WD40. I tried dry peeling them, but could only get tiny strips off. I had the most success scraping the decals using a single edge razor blade that I bent to conform to the tube curvature like this...
  7. JaySeaAre

Genisis Onyx 29r Retro Conversion

Here's yet another Wal-Mart bought, Genisis Onyx 29r Conversion. Thanks to the others who have posted their Onyx 29r photos, as I got inspiration from your ideas for my ride. Modifications I made: removed stickers, steel wool buffed the frame to take off the high gloss finish, flipped and...
Back