Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Joe_Knesek

Worksman Build

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to finish this build any time soon. I injured my cervical spine & had to have surgery to repair two vertebra. I'm going to be laid up for a few months.
  2. Joe_Knesek

Worksman Build

They are actually powder coated.
  3. Joe_Knesek

Worksman Build

Rims, front hub, springer forks, handlebars & stem are powdercoated.
  4. Joe_Knesek

Worksman Build

She is about 5'6" but I've built several Worksmans & she's ridden them. All the chrome will be powder coated in black chrome. I'm going Cerakote the spokes though because they are too hard to powder coat.
  5. Joe_Knesek

Worksman Build

I'm building this Worksman for my daughter. It will be a white, red & black theme.
  6. Joe_Knesek

geared vs single speed which do you prefer

I always liked the simplicity of a single speed coaster brake hub but I recently rode a bike with a Sturmey Archer X-RD3 hub & have to say it was real nice. 3 internal gears & a drum brake. It used a 2 trigger shifter which I also liked.
  7. Joe_Knesek

SHOW US YOUR WORKSMAN BICYCLE

My Son's first build is just about done. All we need to do is lay up the chain guard.
  8. Joe_Knesek

First Boardtracker Build

I've put my build on hold for awhile to help my son with his first build. He learned how to lace wheels this week. Here are a few photos of his bike.
  9. Joe_Knesek

Here are a few shots of the bike my son is building. He did all the powder coating himself. I will teach him how to lace wheels next week.
  10. Joe_Knesek

First Boardtracker Build

I haven't gotten too far with my build but I have been able to slip in a bit of powder coating between jobs. Linkage suspension in Sky White & Black Chrome Sturmey Archer hub in Black Chrome Worksman rim in Red Sportsman Flyer 200 tank in Sky White
  11. Joe_Knesek

The second bike to the right is still available for $49.00. The orange bike is actually the one I picked up last week. The other 2 are pretty rough.
  12. Joe_Knesek

hiding ugly welds before powdercoating

Most powders are baked at 400 Deg F or below. Out-gassing is done at 450 Deg F.
  13. Joe_Knesek

How to keep the head badge Decal and powder coat the frame

Most decals will not make it through the oven. You definitely want to remove all decals before media blasting. If you blast them off, the metal surface will be uneven because the decal softens the media impact. An outline of the decal will show up after powder coating.
  14. Joe_Knesek

hiding ugly welds before powdercoating

JB Weld will withstand the heat and is easy to sand. Most welds can be hidden by simply filing down the high spots & turning up the Kv when coating the welds.
  15. Joe_Knesek

I paid $40.00 for one last week. I'll stop by and see what they have on Monday & get back to you.
  16. Joe_Knesek

If anyone is looking for a well used Worksman, I run across them all the time. There were at least 3 others available at my local industrial surplus store.
  17. Joe_Knesek

My son wants to build a bike for him to ride at Kent State so I picked up another Worksman yesterday from an industrial surplus. Cost $40.00!
  18. Joe_Knesek

Worksman - LIEUTENANT

No luck finding the Fire Red Dormant powder. It's been reformulated & does not look the same.
  19. Joe_Knesek

OK guys...Lets see some cool bike art

Here is a print from one of my son's metal etchings.
  20. Joe_Knesek

Mig welder

A small tank of Argon mix and a spool of wire is all you need. The big box stores have them.
Back