Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. DirtKicker

Western (Cafe) Flyer Project

Here's is a more recent picture. I was able to tighten up the rear hub and make the bike more rideable but! The wheels are still pretty shot. I might eventually get new spokes and try to salvage these wheels. There is still a slight rub against the frame and fork. Otherwise, since my last...
  2. DirtKicker

Howe Caverns Bicycle Show and Swap Meet Sunday July 27th.

I'll be sure to bring cash and hope to come home with some random parts :D I'm pretty excited about this event!
  3. DirtKicker

Howe Caverns Bicycle Show and Swap Meet Sunday July 27th.

This might be my first ever bike show & Swap meet. Just as long as no other racing events pop up!
  4. DirtKicker

Western Flyer Before and After

WOW I love the color combo! Seeing Western Flyers like this, make me have second thoughts about keeping mine with that rusted look :D
  5. DirtKicker

Thanks guys! And jd56, they're that rare?!?! I'm still on the fence about using it or not :/ we shall see
  6. DirtKicker

I decided to start taking it apart to do some clean up and swap tires and get new inner tubes... Then randomly decided I wanted to chop the rear fender. I used tire chalk to mark it and a dremel to cut and grind it down. And this is how it sits after a couple days of some basic wrenching...
  7. DirtKicker

Long story short. While living in Michigan a year ago, I picked up an old Western Flyer Sabre. Stumbled upon it on Craiglist and bought it for $40. I wasn't 100% sure what the plan was at the time. Restore? Rat Rod? Cafe Racer? so on and so forth. After owning this bike for months, I...
  8. DirtKicker

Let's see your Western Flyer's

My Sabre Flyer as it sits right now. (Purchased only days ago)
  9. DirtKicker

Just picked up a new old bike!

Thanks for all the welcomes and love! And JPromo, I think you're right! I looked up the Sabre Flyer and the few things I've found thus far seems to be pretty spot on! First step is tires. Also, JPromo, speaking of parts... You wouldn't happen to have, or have a lead on, a 26" Schwinn fork I...
  10. DirtKicker

1952 Schwinn Hornet Cafe Racer

The bikes look amazing! But my car guy side has to point out... Is that a Delorean back there?!?!
  11. DirtKicker

Detroit area club

Let's bring this thread back from the dead. So is there any Detroit club? Oooor should we maybe start one with an "official" Facebook page and everything? (facebook makes everything official!) haha
  12. DirtKicker

Northville! Well that ain't too far! We might have to find all the other locals and set up a future ride! (if there isn't one already haha) And thanks Junknutz, I'm falling more and more in love with this bike haha. And leads on where I might be able to pin point it's year? Having a little...
  13. DirtKicker

My name is Matt and I live in MI, originally from NY. I've been on and off this site for the past couple years. I've had an old kids Schwinn Stingray for years that I've neglected and finally got it from NY and brought it with me with intentions to fix it up. I also just picked up, today, an...
Back