Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. O

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

1941 DX
  2. O

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

I love this bike. Black seat looks better.
  3. O

Post your motor and non-motored Boardtrack bikes

One of the bikes I built many years ago. My favorite bike I have ever owned.
  4. O

What Schwinn Model IsThis

Anyone know what model of Schwinn this is. What year aprox. What is it worth. I have not seen it in person.
  5. O

Rats Invaded My Back Yard

Thanks guys for the comments. Here is what the Alumarat started out as. I am surprised the guy didn't throw out the dropout piece. The "I Need A Tetanus Shot" is still vert rusty but a lot of the rust cleaned up. It rides nice and smooth. 28" CCM or Canadian 28" bikes are quite popular here...
  6. O

Rats Invaded My Back Yard

I finished a few rats this week, time for some pics. Garry Is A Rat First one is a CCM made Garry sold at The Ashdown Hardware Company. I found this bike a month ago. The guy said it was sold. Last week he tells me the guy never came up ith the money. I bought it. It had junk wheels on it, I...
  7. O

1930 Columbia Arch-Bar by Westfield Mfg. - My 2013 build

Interesting pedals. This is the first time I've seen these. CCM in Canada have used the same pedals with Gibson blocks. I have a lot of them. Gibson blocks are reproduced in red, black and white. You can also get grips to match the blocks. I will be ordering some later this year. The pedals...
  8. O

Old Skool Kool

Here is a pic with white background to seethe flames better.
  9. O

Old Skool Kool

Yep it is a Silver King Wingbar. I built it this spring, nice rat cruiser. The other bike is a CCM Redbird. One of the harder to find CCM bikes. It has very few miles on it, sat in a wet basement for 40 years. It will get done someday. Now the Old Skool Kool will get ridden.
  10. O

====~THE FAIRBANK FLYER~==== (More pics and Velodrome Video)

Re: ====~THE FAIRBANK FLYER~==== Very nice. I love boardtrack bikes. This is over the top. You have my vote.
  11. O

The Forward look.

Smooth and clean. One of my favorites. Well done.
  12. O

Old Skool Kool

Old Skool Kool is finished. I Have been looking for a nice place to take the pics but couldn't find the right spot. Why not use what I have right here at home. My yard is full of old stuff. Here are a few with my old skool 41 Chevy.
  13. O

Old Skool Kool

Re: Old Skool Kool Done It's done. Here are a few pics with my old skool 41 Chevy.
  14. O

Old Skool Kool

Re: Old Skool Kool ""Mockup Almost Done"" I got lots done yesterday. Painted the flame tips, cleaned up a crank and put it in, mounted pedals, handlebars, stem, headlight, valve stem caps, seat and post and wheels. Today I put the wood tank in and mounted the lucky "13" numbers. I am mostly...
  15. O

Old Skool Kool

I got the frame painted. Turned out ok. I painted the flame tips in red. It was hard to do using a spray can. It looks good from 10 feet away. No way was going to have someone else paint it with an airbrush.
  16. O

Old Skool Kool

When I changed the name to Old Skool Kool I had an idea of old school hot rod look. What is better on an old hot rod than flames. I bought these CNC cut flames a month ago intending on using them on the bike. Today I took the frame over to a friends place to use his welder. They fit nicely...
  17. O

Old Skool Kool

I finally had time to do the wheels. I used the hubs and double butted spokes from the other bike. They look great with the red rims and cream tires. Now that the 3 speed hubs are out I decided on a change to the bike style and name change. I don't have the rear at home right now. More to come...
  18. O

Old Skool Kool

I tried the wheel combo a few times and it will not work. I took unlaced the drum hubs and will use the coaster hub from the other bike I just bought. I worked late today on the wheels. Got the rear to a point of trueing. Will do the front tomorrow. Hope to have pics tomorrow also.
  19. O

Old Skool Kool

Re: Salt Flat Special I worked on the fork and front wheel today. I did not test fit the wheel before I built them. The hub has a brake arm and nut and clip that the cable for the brake runs through. It will not fit in the fork. The fork rubs against the bolt and clip. The fork cannot be...
  20. O

Old Skool Kool

Re: Salt Flat Special Last night I laced up the rear wheel, tonight I did the front wheel. I still have to true them. The tires are not the ones I am using. These are old white ones that turned cream after sitting for a few years. These are 26 x 2.125. No tubes in them. Just needed to see what...
Back