Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. mitchelangelo

Quick built Rat

this build just kind of happened this weekend. A friend gave me this old twin top bar bike. A car had run over the front forks, fender and rack. Ending up having to grind off the forks right above the top cup to remove. Frozen solid. Original crank came out but sprocket side pedal is stuck solid...
  2. mitchelangelo

rear unsprung/ dual suspension bikes? cRazy

Check out this FB page. These are pretty wicked looking dual suspension bikes with the rear suspension fixed. Low slung, geared monsters! I may have to build one of these https://www.facebook.com/BicicletasRebaixadas?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser
  3. mitchelangelo

Deleted

Seems to be no interest in this bike. It is deleted.
  4. mitchelangelo

Deleted

deleted - frame change
  5. mitchelangelo

Kozmo to Wow

My wife has had this Kustom Kruiser Kozmopolitian for a year or so now. She says she likes it but it's just not her and very rarely rides it. I told her we would make it what ever she wanted. We tore it down a couple of days ago and sanded and primed it. She picked her paint color.. Bahama Blue...
  6. mitchelangelo

Fresh Scrap Yard Treasures!

I went to sell some of my old stripped mtn bike frames at the local scrap yard. Upon leaving this lil old lady pulls up in a pick-up loaded with bagged aluminum cans and these two bikes laying on top. I asked about them and she hooked me up for WAY cheap! The 1st is a 24" Schwinn with blue...
  7. mitchelangelo

Front chainring on a Nexus 7 speed?

What gear is everyone else running for their front chainring with the Nexus 7 speed rear wheel? My wife's Kustom Kruiser has a 38 tooth with her 7. Pretty nice ride a little too low maybe. I just put my 7 speed on my Dyno with the stock 46t .... seems like too much high gear and not enough low...
  8. mitchelangelo

Themed cruiser ride in Charlotte NC

I just started up a facebook site to see if there may be some interest in starting a cruiser ride in the Charlotte area. First "Pirate Themed" ride coming up April 21st at 2 pm! Click the link for more details! https://www.facebook.com/CharlotteNcCruiserBikeRide
  9. mitchelangelo

POLL Stock - Modified - or Radical ?

Just curious as to what type bikes RRB'ers are most interested in building. If you fit all build type options choose all three or the option that best fits your builds. Thanks for participating! :D
  10. mitchelangelo

fresh potential rattiness!

Found these two in the last 2 weeks. They should make for good winter projects. The forks appear not to be original to the Schwinn.. different color of silver. and a large drop-out AMF Roadmaster
  11. mitchelangelo

VA Creeper Trail ?

Has anyone rode the Virginia "Creeper Trail"? We are wanting to go next month. It is an old railroad bed made into a trail with lots of trestles too. Looks like a lot of fun!
  12. mitchelangelo

Pics of our "Ape'y" bikes!

So you can probably tell that we are into apes and gears. Decided to drag em all out today and get some photos. This is my wife's old Western Flyer with Shimano Inter 7 speed this is another Western Flyer built about 2 years ago. Single speed. This is "Rock You Like a Hurricane". A...
  13. mitchelangelo

Has anyone tried these tires?

They are on Niagara Cycles site - CST City C1218 Tire - 26 x 2.125, Black/Black http://www.niagaracycle.com/product_inf ... _id=443158 If so.. how are they are as far as width and height? Some 26x2.125's are definitely not the same. The price is great and I have bought several other items from...
  14. mitchelangelo

garage door opener cruiser chain

I picked up an old garage door opener from my neighbor. The chain on it fits most cruiser bikes. Of course it won't fit derailleur type bikes. But I got enough chain to redo at least 4 bikes! Thought I'd share that if anyone were interested.
  15. mitchelangelo

"Rock You Like a Hurricane"

"Rock You Like a Hurricane" Good luck to all and keep rattin!!
  16. mitchelangelo

"Rock You Like a Hurricane" goes to the beach..

...in the beginning there was this...... My wife, daughter and granddaughter will be assisting with this calamity. We are still debating and deciding what parts to incorporate into the build. More photos as we pro-gress! This should be some GI-NORMOUS FUN!!
  17. mitchelangelo

Shimano Nexus 7spd coaster brake cable question

I just installed this hub and shifter on my wife's cruiser. It works fantastic! Now I want to install another hub on one of my bikes with apehanger bars... the cable only comes one length....too short for apes. Does anyone know if a standard shifter cable replacement has the same type end as the...
  18. mitchelangelo

Charlotte NC monthly Critical Mass ride

Charlotte Critical Mass meets the last Friday of each month usually at the Common Market, 2007 Commonwealth Avenue Charlotte, NC 28205, at 7:30 pm. All types of bicycle riders are welcome. Helmets and night riding lights required. For more info go to Charlotte Critical Mass on Facebook. Ride...
  19. mitchelangelo

Elgin?

I am pretty sure it's an Elgin. Anyone know what year?
  20. mitchelangelo

Geared Apehangers

I wanted to try some geared apehanger beach bikes. The blue Huffy is my wife's 6 speed. The black/purple Amf/Roadmaster is mine. I know but the step thru frame is nice when the seat is adjusted so high. It's a 5 speed now but I may ad the front derailleur and make it a 10. This was a 26x1 3/8...
Back