Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. A

Chain offset after spreading stays

Please excuse and point me in the right direction to find this information. I'm looking to spread the frame on my 1966 Schwinn lightweight to accommodate a modern 3 speed hub. Should I even try this or will the back hub to the crank sprocket be too far off and cause chain alignment problems? I...
  2. A

‘Humpster’

I used the same stem on my worksman. I love the aggressive angle.
  3. A

26” Cantilever Style Frame Comparision Thread

Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time.
  4. A

26” Cantilever Style Frame Comparision Thread

I like your seat/sissy bar set. Where did you find them? Do you remember the height of the sissy bar?
  5. A

Lucky 7 seat posts

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I’ll try to contact Chad Morgan.
  6. A

Lucky 7 seat posts

Is there a member out there fabricating custom lucky 7 seat posts? I have a worksman news boy and want to run an old Schwinn cruiser seat. thanks for reading
  7. A

SHOW US YOUR WORKSMAN BICYCLE

I started it in 2012, stalled, then finished it off last week. I need to trim the shift cable. Okay, I’m still contemplating tank dressing and I may add a bobbed back fender and headlight, but defiantly “finished”. I can ride it now.
  8. A

Mother's Day Hornet

I picked up this one for my wife today. Still looking for a 20" Stingray in the Seattle area to restore/ build with my son.
  9. A

Rainier Racer

10. A

Rainier Racer

It's a rider! The shift cable came in and and it was off to the races. Some minor adjustments to make like shortening the cable sleeve a bit and adjusting the chain, but it rides smooth and shifts great. I may put straight bars on it.
  11. A

Radio Flyer slammed wagon

I love this. I don’t have a welder... yet, but this gives me an idea to use pipe and fittings to build a similar frame. Nice work!
  12. A

Rainier Racer

If only I can find two of these old Rainier bottle openers to use as tank badges. One can dream:
  13. A

Rainier Racer

I’ve been pondering a chain guard. One idea is to bend some conduit the diameter of the chainring then bring it straight back to the rear mount. Throw some exhaust wrap around it and give it some kind of patina treatment.
  14. A

Rainier Racer

I’ve decided to post the rest of the build here. The chain came in and I mounted the stick shift today. I need to source an NOS shift cable for the click stick then it should be ready for a shakedown. Here’s a side shot from today
  15. A

Rainier Racer almost, she's on wheels! 9/11

Here’s a side shot from today.
  16. A

Rainier Racer almost, she's on wheels! 9/11

My chain came in today. And I mounted the shifter for my newer nexus three speed hub. I need to source a click stick cable and it should be ready for a shakedown.
  17. A

Rainier Racer

Rainier Racer I’ve picked up right where I left off BO7. So it’s been in various storage locations since 2012. I’ve found some time recently to move it to my scrappy basement shop and start building again. Check out the Rainier Racer link above for a recent update. Thanks for looking!
  18. A

Move a thread?

Probably not the right place to post and I apologize. I started a bike for BO7 and fell short of finishing. Is there a way I can move that thread to the regular “Builds” section in three Forums?
  19. A

Click stick 333 bracket

Do you have the cable for the stick click?
  20. A

Click stick 333 bracket

I'm looking for a click stick 333 bracket that will fit around my Worksman newsboy down tube. The bracket I have is marked 7/8" and it's too small.
Back