Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. A

Chain offset after spreading stays

Please excuse and point me in the right direction to find this information. I'm looking to spread the frame on my 1966 Schwinn lightweight to accommodate a modern 3 speed hub. Should I even try this or will the back hub to the crank sprocket be too far off and cause chain alignment problems? I...
  2. A

Lucky 7 seat posts

Is there a member out there fabricating custom lucky 7 seat posts? I have a worksman news boy and want to run an old Schwinn cruiser seat. thanks for reading
  3. A

Mother's Day Hornet

I picked up this one for my wife today. Still looking for a 20" Stingray in the Seattle area to restore/ build with my son.
  4. A

Rainier Racer

Rainier Racer I’ve picked up right where I left off BO7. So it’s been in various storage locations since 2012. I’ve found some time recently to move it to my scrappy basement shop and start building again. Check out the Rainier Racer link above for a recent update. Thanks for looking!
  5. A

Move a thread?

Probably not the right place to post and I apologize. I started a bike for BO7 and fell short of finishing. Is there a way I can move that thread to the regular “Builds” section in three Forums?
  6. A

Click stick 333 bracket

I'm looking for a click stick 333 bracket that will fit around my Worksman newsboy down tube. The bracket I have is marked 7/8" and it's too small.
  7. A

How do I cable up to a click stick?

I was making this way too difficult. The plastic center cap pops off. I have an old click stick 333 and I'm struggling to hook up the cable to it. I haven't even figured out how it opens up.
  8. A

Wanted 20” Schwinn cantilever frame

Looking to build a 20” stingray style bike frame to start our our father son build. Patina would be nice, but we’re open to anything we can easily find parts for. Thanks for checking out our thread.
  9. A

Back after years

Hey fellow builders. I’m back after ? years. Took a break from my bike hobby to finish college at 40 and raise my youngest son who is turning 10 soon. I have a 1966 Schwinn Typhoon that I’ve added a springer fork, ape hangars, and white walls as my regular rider. I’ve been riding with my boy who...
  10. A

Artist Rendering Machinist/Builder Share

I wanted to start a thread for RRB enthusiasts, connecting those who have ideas and the skills to draw them up with the people who have the tools, space, and skills to build them. Maybe there's an Ed Roth among us with no garage and a builder who's looking for great ideas. So let's see those...
  11. A

Oh, oh... what have I started?

I've recently had a bug to build up the BMX bike I wanted when I was 11. It's not the Redline I pined after back then, but I think it will be "totally awesome" to build! 1982 Schwinn Predator. I'm thinking a white theme. White Skyways?... I think so. :D
  12. A

1982 Schwinn Predator update

I've been looking to build up an early 1980s BMX. I have the opportunity to pick up this 82 schwinn predator tomorrow. It's not my top choice, but the price fits my budget. I don't know a lot about BMX, is there anything I should be looking for when checking it out? t Thanks
  13. A

Vintage BMX advice

I'm looking to purchase or build the BMX bike I always wanted as a kid. The ultimate would be an early 80s chrome Redline. Something similar would suffice as long as its early 80s. I figureill have a budget between $200 and $250. Am I close? Any advice on cool bikes to look out for would be...
  14. A

196? Coppertone Collegiate

Just picked this up tonight. I didn't have a bike like this yet and I liked the color and the price. Should clean up nice. Lights work!
  15. A

bike car rack for cantilever frame?

We want to take our bikes on a road trip. We a looking at bike racks that mount to the spare tire of our Jeep Liberty because it doesn't have a trailer hitch. I have a men's 26" cantilever cruiser. Any suggestions on a rack? Thanks for your time.
  16. A

Shimano Click Stick 333

Hello there, I have a Nexus 3 speed hub and I want to purchase a Shimano Click Stick 333 for it. Can anyone tell me what a fair price should be for one in good condition? Are there any tricks for making this configuration work or should it just be connect, adjust and go? Thanks for your time.
  17. A

tire help for a new guy

Okay I should know this, but... I need new wheels for my worksman bike. I came across this bike on CL. Can anyone tell me if standard 2.125" ballon tires will fit on these wheels? :?:
  18. A

Rainier Racer almost, she's on wheels! 9/11

This is my first build off. I'm going to do my best to turn my Worksman into a Rainier Beer board track racer. I've seen a ton of beer bikes in the grocery stores, but I haven't seen a rat rod board track style representing the working man's local beverage. So... here's the bike as I picked it...
  19. A

First build Typhoon 6/12 new shoes

I've been wanting a cruiser since my family rode around on some rentals while we were on vacation a couple of years ago. Started lurking around on the internet and found that people were customizing some great bikes. I finally scraped up some money and picked up this 64? Typhoon. I did a few...
  20. A

Paint brushed Worksman

I was almost finished with my Typhoon turned Stingray tribute when I started looking for frames for a board tracker build when I found this: It must have four coats of green paint applied with a brush.
Back