Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Cliffy541

PROJECTS!!!

Picked up a 60's Columbia for my wife And got me a straight bar 51 CWC frame... Not sure what to do with it yet, I will have time to think about it as my wife is anxious to get some cruising in with this nice weather.
  2. Cliffy541

Removing head badges?

Doing a restore for my wife (1960 Columbia step thru). The head badge has the rivet type that u can't un screw. What is best way to remove with out damaging the badge. That raises another question. When re-installing how do u put it back on??? Im a noob! Any suggestions??? Please help.
  3. Cliffy541

straight bar frame?

Picked up a bike from a buddy last weekend, not sure what it is. No head badge, serial # is partially there. He said he believed it to be a Cleveland Welding Co. bike. Can anyone confirm or shed some light??? thanks.
  4. Cliffy541

First Build: Charity Case

I call it charity case because my buddy started me off with a rusty frame that was sitting in his back yard. paint and finding parts... I broke off the rusty acorn nuts so i welded on socket head M8 screws to the truss bars only thing i bought new was the seat... I love the Brooks...
  5. Cliffy541

Bee Hive fork

I don't know if others have had this problem but when removing old rusty parts things tend to break if your not careful. I was removing a bee hive fork off a old JC Higgins and managed to bust off the threaded ends of the top strut piece. I found that drilling out a 8mm socket head screw and...
  6. Cliffy541

$30 ?

saw this at a swap meet this past sunday, had to pass on it because i already went threw the money in my pocket :(
  7. Cliffy541

Hello from Oregon

Hello all, My name is Cliff and i live in Oregon born and raised. I have loved bikes since i first learned to balance on one. I began customizing my bikes at a early age, first removing those dang training wheels of course! I went from BMX bikes to building lowriders and then into downhill mtn...
Back