Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. C

JC Higgins Flightliner, From rust to glory!

So for the chainwheel, I have a really specific one in mind. I'm looking to buy this. If you have one, pm me with your price.
  2. C

The forks I got from dogdart65 are getting worked too. Pits are gonna get filled with bondo and I ended up ditching the truss rods. I'm gonna used small bore copper tubing instead since there is no structural purpose for them. Pics to follow shortly
  3. C

So I've had enough time to get my game plan going for this build. Just finished painting the frame ivory. So with that done, I'm kinda modeling this after a fender guitar called a lonestar strat. They came with gold hardware and this crazy ivory kandy. Less the kandy paint and gold and...
  4. C

Cleveland Welding Build *Updated*

Re: Cleveland Welding BTR *Paint* Lol def a good move with the pure red. We were using that burnt copper on everything haha. Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
  5. C

ello gubna!

Just sayin what's up from good ol' dirty jersey. I'm jeff and i live in Trenton nj, (most bikes here have that stoopid twisted metal crap.) Me and my buddy are pretty much all 26" cruiser guys. Rust doesn't concern us and age doesn't scare us. (My pal Dayne likes em over 40) lol. We're always...
  6. C

Total noob with her first restoration project....

Is there a lot of rust? Agreed tho. Don't paint it. Cleaning does wonders. But go all out on it. Take every nut and bolt, de lace the hubs... The whole 9 yards. Brass wire wheels work good on nuts and bolts. Nice bike
  7. C

Need ideas for creative wheel covers

A good idea to look into if you can make it, but what about oversized spoke guards? You could also invent the JC Higgins colorflow fenders for a 20" bike.
  8. C

Home made mudguards/fenders

Worked amazing
  9. C

65 Jag Tree Frog,alot of chrome!

your basement is filled with AWESOME! lol nice collection. all builds you've done? also did you make the tank?
  10. C

garbage lowrider gets rat rodded

Re: Columbia Playboy build so next time i gotta look at the welds and dropouts. Thanx for the pics! Love krates!
  11. C

Removing the Crank..

did you take out the bearing braces when you cleaned everything. Sometimes they get in the way when putting the crank back in. Also rotate and tilt as you reinstall the crank. takes a little practice but you will get it
  12. C

Barn find, Board track build...Finally done

Re: Barn find, Board track build Dropouts look amazing flipped. Was that an aftermarket tree fork or did you machine it? ...... dude
  13. C

Removing the Crank..

a helpful tool to have is a good pipe wrench an possibly a pin spanner tool for one piece cranks. Park tools for the hookup lol
  14. C

couple of spray paint questions

Check this rattle can out. They sell it at advanced auto and its called Burnt Copper. VHT makes it. Its a high heat enamel but when clear is set over it, it looks awesome :mrgreen:
  15. C

Just bought it off craigslist. Phase one of the build, yeaa buddy! parted and separated: Replaced the forks. :arrow: Truss setup courtesy of dogdart65 My flight liner and Sylusmk2's CWC primer coat 2 of 2 Had to cover the down tube and someother parts in Bondo to fill the pits. Sanded...
  16. C

Re: Non Repro Apple Krate Thanks e1. First, I'm not surprised its not a stingray. Tons of people from bike shops told me it was. How did you figure it out. Also... I wanted to go with a deeper more vibrant red than the Apple krate red. I rattle canned it with duplicolor metallic sparkle. If...
  17. C

BIKE ID HELP AND TIPS

Maybe i can find out by the coaster brake. i have a 26" cruiser/boardtrack style bike. Ive looked ages for the serial on the web. The one hint i do have is that its got a New Departure Coaster Rear Model D Hub? ideas?
  18. C

got the frame of some kid who spray bombed it. took about 1 week to get it to bare metal. check it! heres the before and the after 8)
Back