Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Sir

Little Rock AR area?

I couldn't find any when I looked around a few years back. The places in Arkansas that have the right culture for bike clubs usually don't have the right topography for single speeds. Too many hills in west Little Rock, Conway, Hot Springs, and Fayetteville/Springdale/Rogers.
  2. Sir

Those 100+ spoke 26" wheelsets...

Hey, y'all. Long story short: I have a couple of black Schwinn middleweight frames in need of new wheels (hopefully 3 frames by this weekend ;-)), and I'm intrigued by those 100+ spoke wheelsets. These builds won't see anything crazy, but they will be ridden quite a bit. I have a couple of...
  3. Sir

Not technically new, but I am building bikes again

Welcome back! Just logged in after several years absence myself. This spring weather has me ready to ride! Hope you have a lot of fun in the shop and behind the wheel.
  4. Sir

Putting This Inspiration To Bed, UPDATED look

Two thumbs up! Any chance you have the rest of the magazine? Usually the cover picture referred to an article in the story. It would be interesting indeed to see what is inside that issue of LIFE.
  5. Sir

Built for a King.. Size (done)

Re: Built for a King.. Size Once the fork/crown area is squared away, you're going to enjoy that KSA. The old saddle has the look, but I'd start looking for a 2nd one, maybe an older mattress saddle or brooks, 'cause you will find yourself wanting to ride your KSA again and again and... I put...
  6. Sir

Never saw this one coming-!

One does wonder which would be left standing. The truck or the bump? Gives new meaning to the term "REO Speedwagon"!
  7. Sir

Let's see your Pashley Guv'nor style bikes!

Kinne, thanks for the handle info. You went above and beyond on that one! Anyone seen these available in the States in recent history?
  8. Sir

Let's see your Pashley Guv'nor style bikes!

Crescent Fresh!!! Tell me about those handlebars/grips...
  9. Sir

GOT TO GO.

The KJV (King James Version of the Bible) is also called the 1611 version. 1611 is the year the KJV was finished. 401 years later we have poster named KJV who signs off (hopefully just temporarily) after 1611 posts. Now, if you add the single digits in 401 and 1611 together (4+0+1+1+6+1+1)...
  10. Sir

GOT TO GO.

Anybody notice he stopped posting at number 1611?
  11. Sir

Newbie from Florida

Pretty cool build! I'm not big on square tubes, but your design definitely works!
  12. Sir

A Gentlemanly '64 Schwinn KS American

Yeah, it's a great bike as-is. Schwinn nailed it when they designed the larger frame. One day the fenders, S-7 rims, etc., will return. I'm just having some fun for now!
  13. Sir

A Gentlemanly '64 Schwinn KS American

Hi all, My history with old bikes started four years ago with this King Size American: Later this summer I take a job in Hot Springs, AR. I need a good bike for short trips downtown. Since I'll be in business clothes, I want a bike with a formal look. So... let's see if we can build a...
  14. Sir

fat dude Stumbled onto the site

Great to see some Arkansas representation on the forum. I'm originally from Pine Bluff, now in the El Dorado area and moving to Hot Springs. Arkansas Rats B.C.? Tell me more!
  15. Sir

New guy from AR

What a great site! I've been into bikes for three or four years now. I started off working on old Schwinns, thanks to a guy who was kind enough to give me three or four old 60's and 70's middleweights to tinker with. Fixed one for myself, kept another, and passed on the other ones. Then...
Back