Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. H

26x3" 72-hole wheel...looking for the right tire

i like the Kenda Flame myself...
  2. H

Tennis Ball in Frame

yep... we kept them in or spokes on a 20
  3. H

best way to change gear ratio on Onyx?

If you do a bigger sprocket... you may need to add a link or two in your chain...all depends on the rear dropout on the Onyx
  4. H

Gearing for stretch or custom....What are you using???

What are all of you using for gearing on your stretch or custom builds. I have a 46/16 and it seems a little to tall. A little more so taking off and low speed cruising. I want to lower it a bit but not to low. How much will a 40t difference make? Thanks in advance !!!
  5. H

Lucky # 7

WOW just WOW.... I really like the look of the Frame
  6. H

Lady Jivaro

Re: Lady Jivaro (Mock up stage) Very Nice... I would like to have a setup like yours. Cant wait to see this one finished!!!!
  7. H

SHOW US YOUR 3G Bikes

Love my 3G ill get u some pics
  8. H

Bottom bracket shell.... Which do I use? Need experts advise

Ok so I went with a 113 bb and crank set wit bcd of 110
  9. H

Shipping was almost $12
  10. H

I see what ur saying.. So what is a good width if I run a norm size rim or the 57 mm 3G wheel ?
  11. H

I'll most likely use the 3G wheel set and since the frame build is big... I'm also 6' 8" got the big feet... To me it is more comfortable in a wider position. It will most likely have 2 chains close to a 200 link chain. My 1st build had 212 links in it. Seems its easy to come in and clear a...
  12. H

Ok so after talking to the guys at my lbs I think I got this figured out... I think this bb shell and bb will work together... And the good thing is the combo is about $17 http://www.paragonmachineworks.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=BB2011...
  13. H

My first three builds from scratch

I just might... When is it
  14. H

I understood your comment about the threaded bb and the one piece using cups... Just wasn't sure the term for the shell if that's what it's called even for a one piece crank... Looks like they sell those as well for press in cup too... It has always been easier and less expensive to use a one...
  15. H

I don't understand the width size .... On the SRAM bb... Is it the width is the tapered spindle or the sealed cartridge. Because 113 mm seem to wide if its the cartridge that's close to 4.5 inches.... For the hub I will be using a standard hub or a 3 speed archer ... I'll measure them as see...
  16. H

My first three builds from scratch

I have been wanting to post my builds for a while.... I didn't take pics of progress on the first one.. My 1st.... Build with recycled MT bike frames mostly except the top tube... it was a long piece of scrap I had. I wanted a custom stretch so I built one, I just reused the rear triangle off...
  17. H

Not sure I'm using the right term "bb shell" this is what I am referring to. But just need it as this....
  18. H

Hey guys... I'm working on my 3rd build and am tired of using recycled bb shells for one piece cranks. I'm thinking of going with Shimano SRAM bb cause they are inexpensive. What I need to know is what size bb shell do I use? I have found several size bb's and shells from one place but the dims...
  19. H

Cheap and easy shifter mount and stickshift conversion

Very nice... I'm gonna pick up a PVC cap and make me a shifter... Thx
Back