Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. crazydave58

Proflex K2 3000

Just picked this 1998 Proflex today for a very good price. Other than some scratches it's in amazing condition. Should clean up beautifully.
  2. crazydave58

Rear hub replacement question.

the shimano nexus 3 speed rear hub on my electric Ruff Tango bike broke. I think I want to just replace the hub with a single speed hub to keep it simple, but I am unsure of what hub to order off Amazon or eBay that would work. My rear dropouts are 135 mm wide. I don’t need a coaster brake. 36 h...
  3. crazydave58

SOLD Ruff Cycles Lucky frame F/S

Ruff Cycles Lucky steel frame was discontinued several years ago. This is in great shape. Powdercoated rootbeer still very good condition. Comes with sealed BB, seatpost, rigid front fork. 1 inch head tube. Ships from Ontario, Canada K9J 4 S9 $400 Canadian dollars plus the ride.
  4. crazydave58

I need advice on this fork issue

I acquired this Amp Research fork in near mint condition. Unfortunately the fork steering tube is 1/2 inch or so too short for the frame I wanted to use it on. Im wondering if I can cut/weld extend the tube or what my best options are. Any help is appreciated.
  5. crazydave58

Vitus 992

I found this French made Vitus 992 locally and couldn’t resist it. It’s about 30 years old and in beautiful condition. My first road bike.
  6. crazydave58

Seat Spring Wanted

Got a broken spring. Anyone know where I can get a replacement?
  7. crazydave58

Hand Made tool bag.

Hand made under seat tool bag. I made this myself. Hand stitched thick leather with real oak side panels. This is my last one I have, I made about 7 of them. $60 CAN.+ shipping
  8. crazydave58

Ruff Lucky frame build

So I had this Ruff frame that I was going to sell but a fellow gave me a bunch of parts for free so I decided to build up the bike. 8 speed nexus hub, shimano front dynamo hub, schwalbe cruiser tires and other misc.parts. Got it on the road today and rides nice. Still a few things to do on it of...
  9. crazydave58

Scored some free bike parts!

A nice gentleman gave me all these parts for free. 26 inch wheels with schwalbe cruiser tires hardly used. Front shimano dynamo hub with lights. Rear shimano nexus 8 speed hub, front forks, handlebars etc.
  10. crazydave58

Withdrawn Ruff Cycles Lucky frame

Rare discontinued Ruff Lucky steel frame. Powdercoated root beer. In great shape. Located in ontario, Canada Asking $300 canadian
  11. crazydave58

Ruff Tango electric build

Just completed this Tango build today. Powdercoated transparent copper.
  12. crazydave58

64 Moulton 4 speed and 67 Moulton automatic

Just recently found theses 2.
  13. crazydave58

I need Help!

I want to mount a flat wooden fender onto this ruff regulator fork. I need suggestions and ideas on the best way to do it. Thx for any help
  14. crazydave58

1964 Moulton Stowaway

I got lucky and found this recently. One owner bike. Amazing ! A few pics of before and after a cleanup. Still some work to do.
  15. crazydave58

Rust removal

Can someone tell me the best way to remove rust spots off this frame and fenders without affecting the paint around them..thx
  16. crazydave58

Home made leather bike tool bag

My brother passed away a little while back and left a bunch of leather craft tools plus a nice chunk of cowhide. I had never done any leathercrafting so I thought it would be cool to give it a try. Plus with this Covid thing still going on I needed to find things to occupy some time. I watched a...
  17. crazydave58

Home Made Wooden Fenders

So...I wanted wooden fenders for my new Moulton tsr but didn’t want to cough up a couple hundred bucks so I thought why not make my own..did some research on YouTube etc....my buddy gave me some nice North American ash and I had some spare copper pipe to make brackets...and some inlays...
  18. crazydave58

Xtracycle free radical Longtail kit

has anyone put one of these Longtail cargo kits on their bikes from xtracycle?...I’m interested in them...may get one...any feedback would be great..
  19. crazydave58

Spartan Fender

so...had enough fender left over from my custom 41 Schwinn build to use as a rear fender for my custom ruff electric bike...as usual I made things more complicated than needed to..could have just slapped on the raw metal fender on and ride away...but I had some scrap copper pipe that I thought I...
  20. crazydave58

Fender mount help needed

so I’ve got some fender pieces left over from my 41 Schwinn DX...I’ve got enough left to make a rear fender for my custom ruff electric bike...I like the beat up look of the metal on it so gonna keep it that way plus maybe get creative and add some copper bands and maybe some rivets and maybe...
Back