Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. A

Betty

I am going to try my luck at this. I will get pictures of Betty on here in a few days. Right now her pieces are scattered every where.
  2. A

54' ROADMASTER LUXURY LINER 3 speed balloon tire

Wow, I am not usually very excited over mens bikes (I know...I am weird) but I have to say that is one really neat bike.
  3. A

1939 ELGIN bicycle 70 YEAR STORAGE SCARY PIC Its all done !

Re: 1939 ELGIN bicycle FRESH OUT OF 70 YEAR STORAGE .. Those are very nice. I would love to find a skirt guard, it really makes a difference in the over all appearance.
  4. A

Gift from my Hubby

He surprised me with this gem yesterday :mrgreen: . Not sure of the year, I was thinking maybe late 50's or early to mid 60's.
  5. A

Need help CW Roadmaster

:) I am short. My "26 has the seat bottomed out and I still can't touch ground. I teeter on my tiptoes. Hoping the "24 will be more comfortable.
  6. A

Need help CW Roadmaster

Thank you, thank you. I actually looked at your bike because, believe it or not, the paint scheme looks very similar to this one (under all that dark blue)
  7. A

Need help CW Roadmaster

Ok, So I know what this is, thanks to the headbadge. But I am having trouble finding a year. Is there any web sites that have a list of serial numbers? Or possibly, maybe, someone here knows enough about it to give me a ball park idea. Here are some pictures. Oh BTW I pulled this out of a...
  8. A

Elgin?

If it is a D then I would say 1939?
  9. A

So what is it?

A few more things that may or may not help. There are 3 reflectors. Front was replaced but the back two appear original. They are plastic cat eye with an aluminum back 2 1/4". The frame is really strange. I am going to put a picture of the back brace (not certain what its called) however it is...
  10. A

So what is it?

Brake arm says new departure. Hubs are not black. Checked the free spirt and the frame is way different. Still no luck finding what this is, thanks for all your help.
  11. A

So what is it?

Thanks for all the ideas. I will do more research later (and check the hubs, I do not recall if they are black). I did work a bit more on the serial number the letter is a G, so it is G16967. I guess it really doesn't matter what it is. It would be nice to get the original parts for it but...
  12. A

So what is it?

Hi All. I have a new project but I do not know what it is. A little tough to get parts until I figure out the puzzle. It has been repainted, paint quality is very good but still ..... Also the handle bar gips, front reflector and the seat have been replaced . When it was repainted they either...
  13. A

Hello from Montana

Hi All. my name is Christy and I live in the south western coner of Montana. I have a passion for vintage things and my quest for a bike has paid off. The problem is, I have no idea what I have... exactly. I will be starting a different thread for that. Once I identify this we ( my grandson and...
Back