Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 5

Apollo Heron Flyer!

OK a new post begins to start my build off diary. No pics yet, but my brief is this: "To take something you once loved... that you nearly scrapped .... then you saved and gave it a re-birth!" This will be a simple (make over) build and one that will create a useable bike - unlike my previous...
  2. 5

MoFaux – blast off!

Yep, this one stands out from the rest, top level detailing and metal work on this! Think you've set the standard for next year! Well done!
  3. 5

El Moco Mojado FINISHED PICTURES

Pure artwork.....
  4. 5

"Tales from the Crypt"

The '52 has got to be the rarest!
  5. 5

hi from the UK

Cool, Schwinns! heres me on the '53 Hornet which started it all, this one came from Cardiff-by-the-sea SoCAl.
  6. 5

"Tales from the Crypt"

The sun came out today, which is a rare thing in the UK, so I took the opportunity to get some nice pics of "Tales from the Crypt" my '52 hawthorne and tribute to EC comics greatest creation. The bike is all Hawthorne except for the modern rubber, and Wald bars. ENJOY!
  7. 5

1952 hawthorne - "Tales from the Crypt"

thanks for all the positive response on this guys! kingfish254 - seems we both had the same problem with these forks, I ended up drilling out a aluminum spacer to do the same.
  8. 5

1952 hawthorne - "Tales from the Crypt"

ok so heres my build off, starting with a 1952 Hawthorne found in San Antonio TX, then shipped by the perils of UPS and aircraft all the way to the United Kingdom - Sunny Rotherham! The bike had been found quite rusty and had been stripped and re-painted to get it ridable again. Note that...
  9. 5

hi from the UK

Hi to boris and bodge deep! Sorry for delay in replying been busy. Just about to post my build off - chec for 52 Hawthorne "tales from the crypt" Boris - I'm in Rotherham South Yorkshire, so your not that far away have you some pics? Bodge deep - what are you riding? p.s. swap Kendal for...
  10. 5

hi from the UK

Hello from the other side of the pond!, yep I'm the proud owner of the uk's only (probably) '53 schwinn hornet and a '52 hawthorne which I've just finished rodding. More on this on the build off... Cheers!
Back