Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

1930s cleveland welding co. seat post help

Very interesting, two years later I am finding you are helpful information. Thank you.
  2. R

"For Ape Hangers Only" Club

Hey all , nice pics ! I will add my 39-41 elgin to the board . other parts range from 1893 (guess), to 1953. Oops forgot , the bars are brand new and diggin it !
  3. R

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

My 39-53 Murray long tank Elgin custom . Added Elgin skirtguards, full-size solid 39 elgin sprocket , 53 Murray springer , ratty original pinstriped rims with air cooled mussleman hubs , and a super cool 1893 Victor spring saddle post with Special leather saddle . (Enhanced patina) with...
  4. R

Re:1930's seatpost update/examination This was very stuck , so i had to beat it out with a large hammer. the whole assembly came out along with the post , after about 50 swings. some sort of pulling device would be better i guess. after i got it out i disassembled it. you can see the...
  5. R

thanks . it seems the chrome ring may be the top part of a collar that is inserted into the tube . it also has that split that can be seen in photo . it is not split on the other side , so it is not a pair of shims like i have seen in other instances . it may be a compression fit ? if i got...
  6. R

Sissy bar squeak

ok , well i think you are on the right track with washers , but maybe you can use hard nylon washers. maybe extra large ones stacked with small ones . it could even look cool . i think they have black and white ones at ace hardware in my town. gd lk
  7. R

hi guys . so you can see the seat post ,and the nut, and the chrome ring under the nut . the question is ..... is the chrome ring supposed to turn or is it welded in the tube . my post is very stuck. and i was able to budge it a little , however , i noticed that the chrome ring is turning...
  8. R

SAND BOARDING- Bruneau Dunes

AWESOME FUN !
  9. R

Sissy bar squeak

you could glue it . maybe jb weld . if it needs to come apart later , just chisel or drill or grind off the old hard glue . just a thought
  10. R

I thought I knew what I had....

I think that sort of bike is best with a new look , as apposed to a rat look . The dollars spent on having a part re chromed or re painted are worth while when it is for that special bike . IMO that bike is perfect for someone who may want to cherry it out , or customize it . Stay...
  11. R

Noob Fork Removal

Well for instance the 30 millimeter open end wrenches that bike shops sell ar.e very thin so I would only give those a light hand effort. a box end wrench would be better but costly. I bought a 30 millimeter socket from napa 2 days ago they have them on clearance sale 6 bucks. It should come...
  12. R

Noob Fork Removal

Hi I would get the fender out of my way first if I it was problematic. a large socket works best on top it maybe 30 millimeters . taking a little extra time with rust and using liquid wrench for instance helps lucent stuck parts. a little tapping on the wrenches and vibrating as such will help...
  13. R

ONE HOUR PEDAL REPAIR

I HAVE THIS OLD PEDAL FROM A ROADMASTER THAT NEEDS FIXING. A GOOD PEDAL SHOULD BE TIGHT , AND NOT ALL LOOSE AND GRINDY AND BENT. WHEN THEY GET SQUISHED INTO A NARROWER SHAPE , IT ELONGATES THE PEDAL, WHICH MAKES THE BEARINGS LOOSE . IF YOU GRAB YOUR PEDAL AND YANK IT TO AND FRO , IT SHOULDNT...
  14. R

roadmaster luxury liner

Well yes , there seems to be a letter F after a couple of spaces
  15. R

roadmaster luxury liner

Re:more roadmaster luxury liner pics
  16. R

roadmaster luxury liner

Re: more pics of the roadmaster luxury liner bucket.com/albums/gg596/ronbmarshall/014.jpg[/IMG]
  17. R

roadmaster luxury liner

] wow i just picked this up at a garage sale . They made a heavyweight and a middleweight of a similar design . I am not sure if parts from the two sizes are intermingled here . i have shown the serial number c69130 . the rear fender has the factory indentations in it and the front fender...
  18. R

Hello from rust-free AZ (well sorta)

Wow , great sight . Im a bit behind the curve when it comes to collecting or building or restoring bikes , but ive got the bug , and a few bikes . I could use some help with identification and such . Arizona is loaded with old rods and bikes thanks to the dry climate . Hope to connect with...
Back