Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. october

geared vs single speed which do you prefer

There is something very uncomplicated and pure about a single speed bicycle… there is nothing better than a single speed, coaster brake. I rode a nexus 3speed (coaster brake) for years,even in the woods and trails. Then I started riding fixed gear. Fixed gear is such an interesting thing. I...
  2. october

Tube bender....

The disk was bolted to the top of a stump, or the garage wall. Slide the end of the tube through the loop. The tube is easier to bend if you start with a long piece, and use the leverage. You have to be careful and it does take practice. It's very easy to collapse the tube, or put a flat spot in it.
  3. october

Tube bender....

I sometimes build from scratch... Here is one of my tubing benders, it was basically free, as I had most of the materials laying around. I think I bought the nuts and bolts... 2 disks cut out of 3/4 in. plywood. Then the edge of each disk was beveled using my neighbor's router. When the...
  4. october

46' DX Klunker quick build

Thanks! The bars are reproduction vintage bultaco bars, and are very wide... Tires are maxxis holy rollers... oct
  5. october

LocoJoe's Recent Rides

The couch dumping capital of the world!
  6. october

Show me your quality spray bomb job

Jake, I believe it was duplicolor metal specks paint, Burnt copper. october
  7. october

Thanks!
  8. october

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Here are my two... 46'ish schwinn DX... Schwinn Heavy Duti... october
  9. october

All my bikes are rattle can paint jobs as well... In no particular order october
  10. october

Stretch Frames

You can use 2 frames. Or you can take one frame and extend it. I have built some with just a rear triangle and a head tube, then filled in the rest. After a while you can look at a frame and visualize which tubes need to go where. Maybe a top tube just needs to be cut out and replaced, or even...
  11. october

'69 Heavy-Duti Lowered

I really like this bike! Nice and clean, simple, well executed... It's bikes like this, that this site is about! october
  12. october

46' DX Klunker quick build

Built a klunker with this frame back in '07, and it was my main bike ever since. Nexus 3 speed Dirtbike bars Holy rollers Ashtabula cranks... My wife kind of took it over as her own, and so I stripped it down and gave it a quick re paint... Primed it in 2007 with etching primer, and painted...
  13. october

Field trip... Pic heavy...

I forgot to mention, the people watching is pretty spectacular too. I could just pull up a chair, eat that pulled pork, and enjoy the show... Eavesdropping on conversations is a must as well.., there are plenty of characters, stories, tall tales, dickering, wheeling and dealing...
  14. october

NEVER go to it in July... Go in May, Go in September... Don't go in July... There really isn't any way to get out of the sun, and you will not enjoy it. These pics are not even the tip of the iceberg... It is large... (Not my pic) I did not ask the price on the shelby...
  15. october

Looks like it's a Kent...
  16. october

New Wheel

What's wrong with spokes?
  17. october

Relics...

Feast your eyes!!:D october
  18. october

Here's another reason I like to go...;)
  19. october

I thought this might be interesting to some. We went to the giant fleamarket, known as the Brimfield Antiques Show, yesterday. It is held 3 times a year in Brimfield, MA. My wife and I go every year. I took pictures of some of the bikes I saw, and thought I'd post them...
  20. october

Worm Drink

Can't get much better for an opening song on an album, than "Mercury" on Blast Tyrant...;)
Back