Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. tailhole

1937 Schwinn

2. tailhole

Victor Truss 1917-18

Got this from a friend. I heard that around 1917 the patent on the truss frame opened up and lots of makers put out their version around 1917-18 and that was about it, a one year explosion of copycats trying to emulate the race successful Iver Johnson truss frame. Then it seems most truss...
  3. tailhole

1934 Schwinn tall

Got this bike out today. Did about 5 miles along the river.
  4. tailhole

1917 Iver Johnson

Been messing with this one for a few years, just got this Major Taylor stem. It has new alloy rims laced to old Morrow skiptooth hubs. Runs light and quick. I do think I will put a long spring saddle on it, doesn't look balanced to me just yet.
  5. tailhole

1936 Schwinn Tall Straightbar Rat Racer

Extra tall Schwinn Straightbar, clear matte powdercoat, 28" inverted California bars with paperboy hooks and '30s Torrington 18 pedals.
  6. tailhole

Blu's Cruz - Denver, CO every 3rd Sunday

I am part of a group of Denver riders that meet every 3rd Sunday in Denver on the west side Platte River, in the parking lot between REI & the aquarium. 60's & older bikes. Lots of rat rods & restored bikes. We usually ride to civic center park, then to Wash Park. Riders meet at 10 am, ride...
  7. tailhole

hellos

Hello I have only really checked out the classified page on this site, but have been wanting to build up a real rat for a while. Mostly I collect bikes from the TOC-30s-50's. I really like riding my old bikes, everyday and over long distances. I also teach furniture design, woodworking and...
  8. tailhole

30's Huffman Build Off #8

Hello. Here is a shot of a Huffman Airflyte frame I picked up for $30, sold the 1970's wheels that were on it for $15, so now I have a $15 frame. It has a burst in the seat tube, near the bottom bracket, I assume from internal ice at some point. I bought a rusty crank set for it from an old...
Back