Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. idiotboy

SWB0 Scrap metal

One of my coworkers threw this in the scrap metal dumpster at work, so obviously I took it home. The wheels were mismatched and beat, and all the shifter parts for the rear sturmey archer 3 speed are missing so I tossed the wheels in the pile. This is how it sits now I will probably use...
  2. idiotboy

No idea

That was fun! Always a pleasure building bikes with you guys. This year I’ve got a 1937 Harris/ Snyder bike, thanks Wildcat for the identification! I used some leftovers, some road bike parts, some Bmx parts and some junk. Hope you like it 😀 I started with this, bought it in 2019 and pushed it...
  3. idiotboy

My pile of bikes

My buddy Odd Job asked to see my collection, so here you go. Some have been changed and a couple are gone but most are in my shed or cellar flightlinercolumbia built JC Higgins with S7 wheelsrollfastwestern flyer, my first build off bike62 schwinn
  4. idiotboy

No Idea

I wanna play! Got this cheap at a swap meet 4 years ago and pushed it in a corner, time to do something with it but I have no clue what yet this was the day I took it home, and now it’s on the stand badged Samsco surprisingly everything came apart without a fight. The fork is worse than I...
  5. idiotboy

Cadillac

Another one done! Started with a 1937 Shelby frame and threw some random bicycle parts at itit rides nice and rolls smooth, rattles a bit but it’s 85 years old so that’s ok. Thanks for all the comments, advice and compliments, as always it’s been a blast building bicycles with you guys, already...
  6. idiotboy

Cadillac

Late start but I wanna play! Hurt myself and was out of work for a month, just got cleared to go back yesterday. I’ve been watching and it looks like I’ve got some catching up to do! I’ve had this 1930-something Shelby with a Cadillac badge for a few years now, bought it as a frame, fork and...
  7. idiotboy

Off road Rollfast

As close to finished as it’s gonna get, snow threw a wrench in my test ride plans but it’s a functional bike. Started with a $35 swap meet frame, some 20 year old mountain bike parts and a new BMX crank. If it rides as good as it looks I’ll be happy, thanks for another fun build off!!
  8. idiotboy

Off road Rollfast

I’ve been wanting to build a klunker type bike for a long time, I got this frame at a swap meet 4 years ago and started collecting parts, and still can’t find the head badge I bought for it. A rollfast badge fits the dirt outline and the mounting holes line up, so that’s what I’m assuming it is...
  9. idiotboy

Blue bike

Done! Started with a swap meet frame, a rusty fork, a pile of parts and an idea, ended up with this. Other than the rims, all paint is original. Thanks for watching 😁 ride on my friends
  10. idiotboy

Skip tooth master links

I could use 3 or 4 if anybody has some or a source. I used to buy them from memory lane before they closed
  11. idiotboy

chain adjuster bolts for prewar westfield

need a pair for my build off bike, anybody got some to spare? will buy or trade, thanks
  12. idiotboy

Blue bike

I wanna play! I skipped last year because the camera in my phone didn’t work so I had no way to document anything. Got a new old phone now so I’m in! I have no idea what I’m gonna build yet but it will be blue. Got 3 swap meet score frames to choose from, this Westfield If I use this one it...
  13. idiotboy

Shelby hot rod

this one’s done, despite my terrible procrastination started with a frame, a pile of parts and a vision and ended up with a bike [emoji605]
  14. idiotboy

Shelby hot rod

I’m in, I have a frame and a vision. Whether or not the bike cooperates remains to be seen. I have a couple races coming up and a big project at work so progress will be slow at first. The extra month this year will be helpful. I also have no idea if any of the parts I want to use going to play...
  15. idiotboy

Frames pick up in western Ma

Anyone want these before they go in the scrap pile? Columbia sport 3 for a really short person with fork and chain guard, Columbia step through and prewar I believe Westfield built, with an old weld repair to both top tubes, poorly done so the front triangle is now crooked , fork steer tube and...
  16. idiotboy

Timeliner

Another build off, another fun bike! Not what I envisioned at the start but here it is thanks to falstaff for the carcass that I thought I had no use for at the time... it’s been a pleasure building a bike with you all again!
  17. idiotboy

Sunday’s ride

Went on the 4th annual Farmington to Collinsville vintage ride Sunday, met some cool people, saw some neat bikes and had a great sandwich[emoji4] took a few pictures before the ride then started talking to people and put the phone away nice original Westfield 24” space liner ratty Columbia...
  18. idiotboy

RRBBO13 Timeliner

What if someone besides Schwinn built a prewar cantilever? Most of us here have taken an old frame and put new wheels and drivetrain on it, makes for a cool, nice riding bike. How bout a not quite so old frame with a prewar drivetrain? Or am I just being cheap and trying to use up a bunch of...
  19. idiotboy

trooper

Finally finished a winter build off bike!! I will admit I kinda cheated and built a really simple bike, but I wanted to showcase the frame. It's a transgender Colson looptail, modified by Walker and sold to me by Danimal. Mostly modern parts, some stuff I had in the pile, and Thompson seat and...
  20. idiotboy

The trooper

Well I'm gonna try again, I've never been able to finish a winter build off, over time at work, ice racing and a lack of heat in my cellar have conspired against me. With that in mind, this is gonna be a simple bike, mostly just bolting stuff together. Not really in this for votes I just wanna...
Back