Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. redstar

I COULDN'T RESIST...

what bars are those? I have the same fork on my chief and really like the way those bars look with the frame and fork.
  2. redstar

My first Cruiser build

nice bike. the shifter is sweet and I dig the overall rat rod look. now lets talk about your MK3. Is it a GLX or a GT (or perhaps a wolfsburg...)? you need a european vr6 lip on that thing stat. I had a 98 gti VR6 in ginster yellow and I loved it. my current MKIV:
  3. redstar

Felt Bicycle Pics

its been cold here since i mounted it so no extended rides. i rode "around the block" and really liked it over the stock fork. with that brooks saddle and the thick bricks the ride is super smooth. my wife actually got it from felt a few weeks ago so maybe they have produced a few again...
  4. redstar

The Victim Gone to its new home

Re: The Victim Keeping an eye on this. Liked every one of your stretches I've seen so far.
  5. redstar

Felt Bicycle Pics

very nice.
  6. redstar

Felt Bicycle Pics

I like your line of thinking here but the CFO is never gonna go for that unless I find one super cheap...
  7. redstar

Felt Bicycle Pics

Well then I need one. Who wants to trade for the chief?
  8. redstar

Felt Bicycle Pics

I love this bike! were these available in the states?
  9. redstar

Felt Bicycle Pics

thanks! I messed up the chaingaurd one day by catching my pant cuff on it and mangling it. a lot of the original paint splintered off so i straightened it out and painted it the flat red it is now. I picked the sticker up at the Indian motorcycles factory store in NC when i was driving past...
  10. redstar

Felt Bicycle Pics

hey all some nice looking bikes in this thread. i bought my chief about 3 years ago. a few changes here and there. biggest is the abraham linkage my lovely wife bought me for my birthday last week. as she sits now: planned changes: new bars to go with the new fork, jockey shift, layback...
  11. redstar

Rat Rod (The U-Bute!)

your ute is a beaut(y)!
  12. redstar

Just Playing Around

looks great! love the chain/seat stays and rear dropouts.
  13. redstar

gulf themed cruiser - Le Mans - DONE(ish)

Gave it to dad Christmas morning. He was thrilled. Weather too poor for a test ride.
  14. redstar

Lettering Tires

Sorry I did it earlier this month. It hasn't been ridden but just a little for shakedown. Gave it to dad for Xmas yesterday morning and he was thrilled. Too much rain for him to even take a ride yet.
  15. redstar

Felt MProvements, New Saddle Bags!

Re: Felt MProvements when i bought my chief a few years ago i had a hard time choosing between it and the MP. love the changes you've made so far and i'm excited to see those wheels mounted.
  16. redstar

Cheap and easy shifter mount and stickshift conversion

I will be using this idea for sure. The chief will be getting some new goodies after the first of the year (a fork sized box marked FELT showed up here a few days ago after i laid some heavy hints about the abraham linkage :D ). This is something i had started to make last year and just got...
  17. redstar

Lettering Tires

this is just rustoleum from wal-mart. the bike has less than a mile on it since finishing so i have no idea how it will hold up. My mom and dad have been riding several miles/day so i dont think it will take long to find out.
  18. redstar

Oxalic acid?

vinegar contains acetic acid. it is a weaker acid than oxalic acid. it should still do the job of rust removal but will take a little longer soak.
  19. redstar

Oxalic acid?

<--quality control chemist, 12 years. FYI, make sure HCL (hydrochloric acid) is diluted and dont get it on your bare hands. it soaks into skin readily and likes to pull calcium from the bones. I doubt its readily available commercially in concentrations i'm used to dealing with but it will...
  20. redstar

Lettering Tires

just thought that perhaps they could be aged a bit by using some paint thinner and dabbing while it was still tacky. maybe on a cotton ball.
Back