Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Crankset Leather

Hiawatha Rat

On this picture you can see how it's secured to the bottom crossbar via 8 nickel plated snaps. This leather tank design doesn't make the inside completely hollow and only leaves a 1" space thickness of the crossbar tubes between each side.
  2. Crankset Leather

Hiawatha Rat

During construction one side was done before the other. This pic is just before the other side was dyed with Pro Oil Black.
  3. Crankset Leather

Hiawatha Rat

Chris here, No original metal tank under the leather. I used thick saddle grade full grain leather to construct this unique tank. King Zebba sent me the original metal tank to copy and shape my hardwood form mold. The thick leather was then shaped to this new wooden form. His logo tooled and...
  4. Crankset Leather

Avocado, first pics of the finished bike!

Re: Avocado, first peeks of the leather tank/seat! Enjoy!!! Don't know why my images keep getting flipped upside down. Oh well, it's a head turner anyway.
  5. Crankset Leather

Re: Avocado, first peeks of the leather tank/seat! Really like this color combo I picked. It's going to stand out from the rest of the metal tanks.
  6. Crankset Leather

Re: Avocado, Rare Bell Added! quote] I've got the feeling you're gonna' be a Busy Beaver pretty soon, my Elgin could use some stuff like that. ( :wink: upgrade for next year) This will be one of my few custom ordered leather tanks I'll be making. Way too many hours involved to justify...
  7. Crankset Leather

Re: Avocado, Rare Bell Added! My color combo came out nice. I used a Chestnut Tan as my base dye color, then feathered the edges with pro oil Light Brown & Dark Brown using an airbrush. The Wheat colored thread is going to pop. In the photo you can see where the sunlight catches the saddle and...
  8. Crankset Leather

Re: Avocado, Rare Bell Added! Done with tooling.
  9. Crankset Leather

Re: Avocado, Rare Bell Added! Just need to finish tooling in the left side lettering. Then it's off to dye.
  10. Crankset Leather

P-40 Warhawk "Tex" Hill...maybe Next Year

Sorry to say but due to other obligations this bike will have to be placed on hold for a future build. Hope to complete this build one day. Still, it was fun and can't wait to see all the finished bikes. Chris
  11. Crankset Leather

Re: Avocado, Rare Bell Added! Cool bell..Hope you don't mind me adding some pics of your build. I'm building the tank for the Avocado. It's getting down to the wire here but I'll make the deadline. Working on the right side while the left side dries. Updates of that right side with leather...
  12. Crankset Leather

Re: P-40 Warhawk "Tex" Hill bicycle...06/21 update Sorry to let this thread go dry. Been busy trying to start a small part time leather biz.
  13. Crankset Leather

Milan Brewery Bicycle

Did you lay down all the paint with just the Wren B?
  14. Crankset Leather

Re: P-40 Warhawk "Tex" Hill bicycle...06/21 update Just can't win, you always want to see more. I won't keep you waiting, I'll revile the tooled leather parts just before the dead line. I'll show you a primed frame soon. How about some new tires. Lol
  15. Crankset Leather

Re: P-40 Warhawk "Tex" Hill bicycle...06/19 update Here is my new seat. The one I'll be building for my "Tex" Hill Bicycle will be dyed brown and aged to look 70+ years old. It will be heavily tooled and the reason I made this black seat first so I don't make any more mistakes. Chris I'm...
  16. Crankset Leather

Re: P-40 Warhawk "Tex" Hill bicycle...06/19 update My sewing machine at work again. I love this thing.
  17. Crankset Leather

Re: P-40 Warhawk "Tex" Hill bicycle...06/19 update My new foam arrived. It's 3/4" thick neoprene dense foam, same stuff for scuba diving only thicker. This is also the same foam used on custom motorcycle leather bobber solo seats. It shapes really nice.
  18. Crankset Leather

Re: P-40 Warhawk "Tex" Hill bicycle...06/19 update Thanks for all the kind words. Just completed my matching leather seat. This time I decided to build one first as a test fit before tooling it as I lost valuable time last time. I used 14 gauge steel and stainless carriage bolts for the...
  19. Crankset Leather

Re: P-40 Warhawk "Tex" Hill bicycle...06/19 update Did a test fit of the sample RRB tooled leather tank on my frame I'm building for Rat Rod. This will be the same style tank with side drop-down leather hinged door I'll be making for my "Tex" Hill RRBBO bike. Round two does look sweet already...
  20. Crankset Leather

Re: P-40 Warhawk "Tex" Hill..update, wooden form done! Had some time to chem strip the original paint off the frame. Will be spraying red primer and Olive Drab Green soon.
Back