Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. tonygameboy

Schwinn Heavy Duti Builds

I'd like to see what you guys did for cranks. Original? TruVativ bb adapter? More than likely I'll be going with a 26x2.4 setup and will be on some trails. I made a booboo and tried using an oldschool Schwinn crank and the arms are too close to the chainstays. Bicycle808 chimed in and has helped...
  2. tonygameboy

24T Rear Cog

Anyone else run 24T or higher? I know Endless makes them in 24t but it's not worth $50 to be honest. I think there are some DIY methods but I don't have a welder.
  3. tonygameboy

Degreasing Parts

I let this bb sit in a Dawn and Simple Green mixture for a couple days and BAM super clean! No elbow grease required, I couldn't take a before shot because the parts were so nasty and my hands were beyond gross.
  4. tonygameboy

Get Klunk

Nothing amazing going on here but I do plan to hit the trails with this thing! Thanks to ind-chuckz for the frame (soon to be another). Freebie tires and tubes thanks to the LBS! These will wrap some aluminum Electra rims. On a sad note I jacked up this ring trying to break it free from...
  5. tonygameboy

26x2.4 MTB tires on Klunk

You guys think a 1 piece crank would be ok for a single speed klunker build? I can always swap out my bb adapter from another bike and have "regular" 3 piece cranks.
  6. tonygameboy

Truck Bike Racks

My dilemma is that my Ford Sport Trac has a terribly small bed. None of my bikes fit right unless I drop the tailgate. I'm not interested in anything that requires removing the front wheel. Any of you have those tailgate racks that use straps? Buying a hitch is an option but it's a $100+ option...
  7. tonygameboy

Surly Fork Look Odd?

You notice the huge gap between the tire and fork? When I bought it on Amazon it was listed for 26" tires. The tires in the pic are 26x2.4. Well I didn't even use the fork for months after I bought it. I know it's a minor thing but drives me nuts! I've gone as far as tossing it into a parts bin...
  8. tonygameboy

1" Threaded Fork to 1-1/8" Headset Refresher

Just refresh my memory... I'm working on a modern MTB to cruiser. The headset is 1-1/8 headset. I was going to order reducers (for $20) but I'd rather put that towards a headset. What measurement should I be focused on? Remove old cups and measure the head tube? My brain says it's simple but I'd...
  9. tonygameboy

The Bare Naked Lady

New build... I LIKE BIKES
  10. tonygameboy

Aircraft Stripper

Gosh I love this stuff! I LIKE BIKES
  11. tonygameboy

Split Tube?

Any of you tried this with gorilla tape? I LIKE BIKES
  12. tonygameboy

Half Link Pin Issue

Anyone ever use a half link but it's so tight that the link doesn't move easily? Now I don't mean the chain as a whole is too tight, the pin is super tight. I LIKE BIKES
  13. tonygameboy

MTB Stem for Seatpost??

I've done some searching on here and I've seen people mention this idea. No pics and I don't exactly understand how it works as a layback post? I LIKE BIKES
  14. tonygameboy

masterlowrider.com

Anyone ever order from them? $5 shipping on orders and the tires are low priced. I LIKE BIKES
  15. tonygameboy

24" Stretch Cruiser?

Anyone else have one? I LIKE BIKES
  16. tonygameboy

1" ID Seat Rail Clamp?

Does such a thing exist?? I have 7/8 etc but I don't think I've seen a 1" ID. I'm thinking of cutting a 1" solid curved seat post. I LIKE BIKES
  17. tonygameboy

Coaster Brake Arm Mount

Well I know where to attach the arm (that bracket) but I need something else to keep the arm from sliding. Maybe another set of eyes can offer a simple solution.
  18. tonygameboy

Opinion on Tire Size

Does this skinny tire look too small for the rear fork? The tire isn't fully aired but it's a 26x1-3/8. The frame is upside on the stand. I LIKE BIKES
  19. tonygameboy

Truvativ BB Adapter

I didn't find much on the subject and the one post with a write up was a dead link. So if you have put one of these on please help. I was about to press them in but they don't have the same feel the old bb's have. The ends aren't rounded at all and I don't want to damage the shell or bb adapter...
  20. tonygameboy

Other Biking?

Road biking? Mountain biking? This is my sorta other biking thing, though I've yet to hit the trails this year. I built this up last summer after finding the frame on eBay. 2001Marin Nail Trail I LIKE BIKES
Back