Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

MONGOOSE BEAST

I thought as much,my 32" Super Cruiser had zero grease in the front bearings and very little in the cranks.The rear wheel was so crooked it almost rubbed the chainstay.That funky seat clamp/adjuster is junk,I removed the bolt, c-clamped it in position then welded it together.I used a regular...
  2. D

MONGOOSE BEAST

They are cool especially the matte paint.I like the feel but my foot kept hitting the tire when turning down the aisle in the store.I might get one anyway,change the bmx bars/seat and learn to pedal more with my toes.
  3. D

the dame's frames

I have girls bikes for my daughters and girlfriend,I think they look very charming in a feminine way and dont think guys look right riding them.
  4. D

Join in Prayer for Boston Bombing Victims.

Prayers are great but we need to eliminate these animals and the scum supplying them.I'm afraid we haven't had any leadership with courage since WWII to deal with our enemies
  5. D

Got an Old Jaguar off Craigslist today BELLS+WHISTLES

Yep,Thats a Red Band 2 speed.I'd take it apart for a good cleaning and regrease before riding much.That old Bendix grease could be very hard and waxy and you could damage the index spring and/or the clutch retarders...Awesome find btw,I've never seen those grips still wearing their paint...
  6. D

picked these up today

Nice finds,If you decide to part out I'd like the complete front brake assembly from the Corvette,I'd take everything from the h/bars down actually.
  7. D

schwinn straight bar gallery

And not technically a "StraightBar" but close enough for me.My '62 26" Typhoon Fat Kids Sting-Ray.......
  8. D

schwinn straight bar gallery

Heres My stripped '52 Hornet...
  9. D

I'm too young for this!!!!!!

I went through this in my late 30's then again in my mid 40's.I was in a lousy untrusting marriage,I got rid of her and quit smoking 7 years ago and at 53 am healthier than ever.
  10. D

hello from bonnie Scotland

Hello Kenny and welcome aboard.Nice hobbies you have,love those old VWs.My Grandfather came from Craik,is this anywhere near you?
  11. D

Seen vs. Saw, which do you say?

Kinda like misspelling some words and forgetting punctuation eh? LOL
  12. D

1961 straightbar flying star

Well,I'd try the Kroil its made for these problems and its the best.I've tried a bunch of others.The stem looks like a stock Schwinn from that era,not positive.
  13. D

1961 straightbar flying star

Try turning bike upside down and squirting some Kano Kroil through the fender screw hole in the fork.Let it soak for a day or so,that should free it up
  14. D

Idea For An Entrepeneur

I have to hijack this thread,thieves really anger me.I've heard of hidden alarms on motorcycles that send a silent alert to a device kept on your person. How about that on a bicycle? You can catch the scum bag cutting off your lock a give him a good pasting with the first heavy object you can...
  15. D

Detroit Autorama pics.

Cool,Will you have it in the AA Saline show?
  16. D

Detroit Autorama pics.

I liked the mini bikes across the aisle.The Ruttmans and Lil Indians were Made here.
  17. D

Detroit area club

Thats a nice ride,I did it again last fall.We ended up @ the Shamrock in Utica
  18. D

Detroit area club

Sounds great to me guys,we'll have to touch base when the nicer weather gets here
  19. D

Detroit Bike City Tweed Party, Bike Show & Swap March 15&16

Well,I bought a Sting-Ray carcass with some nice parts otherwise it was a bust for me. It looked like a Zig Zag Papers convention,lol.I couldnt count how many guys were groomed and dressed like the guy on the pack,must be a new fad going around or maybe a club? Lots of gigantic wide tires on...
  20. D

Detroit area club

Well,I live N of 23 Mile Rd and E of Mound in Shelby Twp,I think you're quite a hike down I-94 from me.The closest entrance to the bike path is about 3 miles.I get on from 24 mile just E of Dequindre. Yates is about 3 miles W. straight up 23 mile Rd from me.I've taken many rides there,it is nice...
Back