Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 7

X-53 makes a hard landing.

I'll take the fine advice of this forum, and give this jet a cleaning and lube those bearings. I have a set of new white walls that will do the trick. Ride it the rest of the summer and then evaluate the possibility of a restoration. Meanwhile there's an old Sportster that needs to get back on...
  2. 7

I would like to reach out for opinions regarding the option of original condition vs restoration. How might the value be affected etc.? There is a lot of bling on the X-53. I am leaning towards a restoration, but a tune up and ride would be much easier.
  3. 7

I got my hands on a X-53. This is a model that has always caught my eye. The space age styling may be at the height of post war design. There is all the "crust" I could ask for. With all the chrome, paint and stripes, bringing this jet back is going to take a major effort. The chain guard may...
  4. 7

Rusty/Patina Bicycle Gallery

This old Shelby caught my eye, but a closer look reveals this one is too far gone to ever see the road again, looks fine where it is.
  5. 7

LET'S SEE THOSE ROLLFAST!!!!

Good recovery, always interested in method of clean up. What did you use on paint and brightwork?
  6. 7

1953 Schwinn Black Panther

I like the painted fenders on your Panther. May look good with B6 style stripes. Nice save!
  7. 7

3 old rides

Yes, the DX rides very well. The paint is all there (just barely); the decals are still there (just barely)...just right! Other than the grips & US Royal Chain tires it's all original.
  8. 7

3 old rides

Looking forward to warmer days.
  9. 7

Cool orange bike from this summer

Take a look at this ad. http://www.ebay.com/itm/290875051301?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  10. 7

Cool orange bike from this summer

Made by Ross, early 60's.
  11. 7

Memory Lane Swap Meet Finds...

Gene Autry grips
  12. 7

Savannah - Hurricane Matthew Aftermath Oct2016

Thanks for your update. My father's house in S.S.I. suffered similar wind damage and loss of power, but the minimum storm surge was a blessing. We were relatively "lucky". Glad to see you up on 2, keep rolling.
  13. 7

Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Are you high and dry? Is everything ok?
  14. 7

Thick Brick Fatti-O Etc GALLERY - Show your FAT TIRES!

Will Fat Frank 2.35" tires fit inside the fenders of a typical pre war bike? When I say fit, I mean without any adjustments.
  15. 7

Name this skip tooth...

Turns out, this bike is a no go. The guy decided to keep it. I have plenty projects as it is.
  16. 7

Name this skip tooth...

Yes, I think we have narrowed it down. More info to follow.
  17. 7

Name this skip tooth...

This old skip tooth still resides in a barn. We only have this one picture to go on at this time. I know the other side would be more helpful, but should be enough for you bike wizards. The peek fenders, chain ring and frame should help with ID. This photo was sent to me, and have not witnessed...
  18. 7

Rollfast late 40s?

I tried removing the fenders sprayed on paint with no success. No darts or pin stripes, just metal. Someone must have sanded off the original paint. On to plan B...
  19. 7

Rollfast late 40s?

Could you post fender tip pictures of that sweet Sun Racer?
  20. 7

Rollfast late 40s?

That's it! The only apparent difference is the chain ring. How did you find out the name Sun Racer? cool I'll check the numbers when I get a chance.
Back