Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. LowNSlow

Just finished these two up! Schwinn Middle-Weight muscle bikes.....sorta!

These are a couple bikes I just finished up for myself and the wife! We got these early Schwinns (hers a '59 and mine a '62) at a local estate sale nearly 3 years ago (only $50 each too!)! I let them sit for a while, but finally got around to their final restorations. It's a his and hers...
  2. LowNSlow

Looking for 24" Jerald Sulky tire!!

Does anyone out there happen to have a 24" Jerald Sulky tire in their stash that you think you'll never use? I'm looking for one for a current project. Let me know if you have one you're willing to part with, or if you know someone that you could point me towards that has one they're willing to...
  3. LowNSlow

WANTED: TRM Convertible Tank

Yes, I have already. You sent me the PDF price list, I appreciate that. Honestly, this might be cheating, but I'm seeing if anyone has one for a little cheaper before I pull the trigger on a new one.....0__o
  4. LowNSlow

WANTED: TRM Convertible Tank

Looking for a TRM convertible tank. Does anyone have one they bought but never used? I have a project that I just picked up that I'd love to use one on! Thanks in advance!
  5. LowNSlow

1949 Girls Schwinn build questions

You know what? You could be right! I'll have to put the frame in my stand and see if I can make out whether or not it's bent! Good catch! I just got the frame and hadn't looked that closely. Thanks for all the info!!! Jay H.
  6. LowNSlow

1949 Girls Schwinn build questions

Alright knowledgeable forum gurus....I'm looking to build a matching girls version of my recent Schwinn straight bar build for my wife. I have a perfect 26" 1949 blank Schwinn girls frame in original paint as the starting point, but I have a few questions. Did a '49 like this come with a skip...
  7. LowNSlow

9th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (Photos & Videos)

Re: 9th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (Ratrod Raffle Bike) This show was fantastic! Loads of outstanding bikes, super-duper hospitality by the coasters club and the weather couldn't have been better! Thanks to all the Coasters club members for putting on such a great show! The Asphalt Apes of NW...
  8. LowNSlow

Latest build '57 Flying Star

Thanks Luke! Jay H.
  9. LowNSlow

Admin, this thread might need to be moved to the Gallery section. Sorry if I misplaced this! Jay H.
  10. LowNSlow

A few more angles....
  11. LowNSlow

I call this build the "E-Town Bomber". I live in Enid, Oklahoma, and found the frame right here so.....yeah, you get it. And, my inspiration for this build was the WWII P-38 Lightning. I think the straight bar tanks look like the central cockpit nacelle on P-38s and I went for a nice stripped...
  12. LowNSlow

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

'57 Schwinn built Flying Star.
  13. LowNSlow

schwinn straight bar gallery

My latest build. '57 Flying Star.
  14. LowNSlow

First Anual Enid, Oklahoma Vintage Bike show - 17 August

Thanks a million for coming out MazdaFlyer! Glad you liked the show. I have to admit, I was fairly happy with the showing of bikes. We had a good crowd and it was a bicycle filled day. The weather was PERFECT! Now, I'm off to start planning for next year! Jay H.
  15. LowNSlow

THE SHOW IS TOMORROW!!!!! As an added bonus, our club the Asphalt Apes, will be hosting a hospitality suite at the show site upstairs in Art Lab Enid. I'm a full time artist, and a fellow club member and I have a small art studio located right on the street where the vintage bike show is being...
  16. LowNSlow

Just as an FYI, weatherman is calling for sunny and 84* on Saturday. Looks PERFECT for a bike show!!!! Jay H.
  17. LowNSlow

OH, for anyone interested, as far as good show-day eats go, there are 4 excellent restaurants within very short walking distance of the bike show!!! We have a Boomerang Cafe less than one block west of the show location. They serve great diner fare, burgers, fries, onion rings etc. We have Pane...
  18. LowNSlow

Akhenaten, we are closing the short block just off the square immediately adjacent to the bike store. There is plenty of parking in a lot immediately East of the street. I should think there will be no issues with parking for ya! BTW, good coffee is not far away at the Boomerang cafe just down...
  19. LowNSlow

Just a friendly reminder/bump, the show is less than a week away!! Hope to see some of you there! Should be a fun bike-filled day! Jay H.
  20. LowNSlow

Kustom Coaster III - Finished W/ Photos

Beautiful ride! Some great custom touches! Jay H.
Back