Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. bbender785

'55 or '56 Schwinn.. any way to verify which?

latest score comes back as a '55 or '56.. is there a way to tell for sure, as well as what the model name is? ..."that fork though," right? :21: that's what i'm saying lol. quite the unit.
  2. bbender785

55/56 schwinn, homebrew fork

so picked up what turns out to be a 55 or 56 chicago schwinn from the local auction for less than $20. has what i assume is some sort of homebrew fork on it, a combination of two forks. not sure what direction i'm going to go with it just yet, but have a couple ideas (with or without this...
  3. bbender785

kick stand for top-heavy bike?

just put 25" ape hangers on one of my bikes and a normal kickstand doesn't stand a chance with all the cantilevered weight; what are my options?
  4. bbender785

Grand Rapids, MI

Anything around here? Such a bike-friendly city it's a shame I haven't heard of one.
  5. bbender785

let's see your triple clamp fork setups

just won a kids schwinn chopper at the local auction for next to nothing, just want it for the triple clamp looking fork based on a build i saw somewhere on here.. so let's see them if you've done the same or something similar.
  6. bbender785

old cantilever frame, w/ serial number

scored this at the local auction, no idea what it is, any ideas?
  7. bbender785

new project, don't know what it is

picked this up yesterday from the local auction: no head badge. looks like it's been brushed blue over white, and the pedals are JC Higgins. has 24" rims but given the frame and forks appearances i think it was originally equipped with 26's.
  8. bbender785

huffy santa fe, quick dirty bobber build

so here on the west side of michigan in Grand Rapids we have what's called Art Prize every september; artists from around the globe enter there art in this city-wide competition, every major business and public area becoming a venue to display everything you can imagine. long story short a...
  9. bbender785

greetings from west michigan

well, i suppose its about time i officialy join the madness here. been referencing this site for some time, so first and foremost i want to thank you all for spawning another hobby (/sarcasm) :? :D anywho, coming at you from the west side (the best side) of Michigan, south of Grand Rapids...
Back