Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. sdframe

SWB0 Ramble Tamble

It's so pretty as is. I almost hate to see you change it.
  2. sdframe

SWB0 Kaiju II

Mmmmm . . . . a burrito. My appetite has been whetted.
  3. sdframe

SWB0 Boone-Doggle

Maybe use square pegs instead of nuts and bolts?
  4. sdframe

SWB0 Practical steel bike

Please tell us more about that paint. It looks like it could be good stuff.
  5. sdframe

ORBO MUTT

Those gussets are inspirational! Looking forward to the finished bike.
  6. sdframe

Phat Rat

thx
  7. sdframe

Phat Rat

I just finished this modern Phat cruiser, using a vintage Roadmaster springer fork, vintage J.C. Higgins light and a pretty crank set from I don't know what. It's finished in Metalspeck with a clearcoat. I love how it came out, but alas, it's a single speed and I live in the Tucson foothills. I...
  8. sdframe

Imperial Cycles Fat Cruiser "Little Deuce Coupe"

Heckuva bike.
  9. sdframe

SOLD SOLD-Klunker build start up kit! Get your ORBO parts here!

You're giving it away, Lee.
  10. sdframe

Nice Old Straightbar

Just finished this '50s(?) Goodyear badged CWC(?) in matte yellow with BMX fork, three-speed Nexus wheel set, sweet handlebar, and three-piece crank set.
  11. sdframe

Three-Speed Rat

Picked this up today. Badged as a Goodyear. Originally skip-toothed and truss-rodded. Anybody want a skateboard deck?
  12. sdframe

Midriff-ter MTB

Dang, that's nice. I need to read your patina tips. I am most impressed with the pic of your "happy place" out there in the Back 40.
  13. sdframe

FITMENT

Thanks, Lee.
  14. sdframe

🏁 Le Mirage

Simply superb.
  15. sdframe

1959? Double Straight Bar

I was wishing for a straight bar frame that I could put my Torpedo 2-speed wheel set on, and this popped up on the local Craigslist! I could not be happier. It's powder coated a dark, dark, iridescent purple.
  16. sdframe

Columbia 🐪 CamelBack - ‘21 2n1

Great color scheme; well executed. I can't wait to see the finished product.
  17. sdframe

FITMENT

It would look so much better with shiny chrome truss rods, but here it is, with the padded seat stuffed into the sissy bar (FITMENT PROBLEM #8,) battery bungied down, controller bag stuffed between the top bars and down tubes (FITMENT PROBLEM #9,) blue cable housings to match the battery and...
  18. sdframe

FITMENT

Now this, dear ratter reader, is where things went kerflooey on me. I got a call from a fella who needed an ebike NOW, and I did my best to accommodate him. I quickly added the controller, handlebars, stem, levers, grips, etc., wired it all up, took a quick pic for his approval, AND THAT'S ALL...
  19. sdframe

FITMENT

The tape held the foam padding on like crazy! Time to grab the staple gun. Stapling to the wood on the underside, I found it surprisingly easy to keep things relatively smooth an tight. I say "relatively" because I'm a rat rodder, and my motto, which I borrowed from Jimmy Buffet, is "not to...
  20. sdframe

FITMENT

I have had this roll of outdoor fiberglass carpet for at least 30 years! It was still sticky, so what the hey?! I tried it. I put some on the top, sides and back of the seat pan, cut some dense shipping foam to fit, and stuck it all on the pan.
Back