Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. T

VOTE HERE! - TRADITIONAL

I threw my votes down. So many nice bikes. Show some luv for 20 inch bikes. Kinda looks like theyre competing against the big bikes.
  2. T

Burnout Dragster

We finally finished the bike a few weeks ago. We were first going to use the Sear peddles bike rims but then I located a set from a Murray from the early maybe even from the late 70s. Realized they were the same as a Ramrod Murray chopper I used to have. Since we were using the same style of...
  3. T

Burnout Dragster

This is the before picture of the bike as I got it. Its a true drag race bike build up from back in the 70s and how I set my old bike in the early 80s. It has to different sprockets large and small depending on race conditions. The tools were really used by me back in the day on a Ramrod II. The...
  4. T

raleigh work horse

I got it a bit lower.
  5. T

raleigh work horse

Found this workhorse Raleigh sport. Thought about a trike setup, but then I realized I could make a neat truck roadster. So I slammed it. Would like to trim the fenders and add mid rise sissy bars and I-pad notepad holder in the center- maybe. For sure a beverage holder ha!
  6. T

Kustom Sled named - FADED

Lil update mocking up some parts and lowered the forks. Also cleaned up the fenders as best as I could. Remember this bike was a flower garden scare crow. :)
  7. T

16" Huffman-Final shots posted

Re: 16" Huffman Cool
  8. T

This one is all me..... The other build off belongs to my son I have photos to post of him doing the work. He's only 9 yrs old and why he is under my log in profile. He painted that one with my guidence and will be assembling it. We werent counting on having to extreme repair the seat tube at...
  9. T

Burnout Dragster

Back tracking a little bit. This is my son JP. He is only 9yrs old. Loves to draw and paint and now I'm giving him the opportunity to paint and build a bike for the first time in this contest. He's watched me closely before on other bikes and while building a 55 Chevy that will be his one day...
  10. T

Picked up this bike on Craig list last month everything is frozen except the rims. It was being used as a yard sculpture (keep in it weird) type of thing. Its a Sears Spyder 24. The build inspiration comes from Gene Winfields faded paint jobs like The Purple Haze 53 Buick..added a picture below...
  11. T

Burnout Dragster

More updates on the buildup. After a struggle with a rusted headset, the forks removed and straightened I was able to get some paint applied on the frame. Nothing special, just a careful selection of spray can paint to get the retro metalflake candy color effects. This is the sec. Frame I paint...
  12. T

Burnout Dragster

Yeah, prefer it over bondo on tubing. Just wouldn't wait an hour after it gets hard to sand. :D
  13. T

Burnout Dragster

Thanks, I need to build one of those rear wheel setups you made one of these days. 8)
  14. T

Burnout Dragster

Finally got around to getting progress on the buildup. Had a stuck seat post that wouldn't budge. I had already soaked it in deruster with no luck, next was propane torch and atf fluid but that didn't work either. The whole problem was a small bend creating a lock right in the center of the...
  15. T

Burnout Dragster

Got the rims early 70s. Correct spoke count. Cleaned up with sos pads.
  16. T

Burnout Dragster

7 Had to cut out seat post..very stuck and replaced it with donor bike post, time to bust out thre torch and braze. :)
  17. T

Burnout Dragster

Yeah, its a 20
  18. T

Burnout Dragster

Just as I got it. 1970 Huffy. Currently stuck bent seat post so im repainting it.
  19. T

78 Huffy Turbo saved

Saw this and had to save it. It was just frame and fork setup and chain guard. I like that it says turbo on it. Added Kenda mongoose flame tires. :D
Back