Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. supergoob

ChromeDoubt v2 - We'll see how it goes

RRB Friends! It's been a bunch of years since I've done a build off bike and I'm super excited to join this competition. You may remember me from such bikes as ChromeDoubt: and Raceliner: This year I am venturing far away from my typical skinny tire style and working on a fat tire style...
  2. supergoob

Hawthorne Klunker Build...check it out!

I wish I had started a build thread then I got this bike, but that's neither here nor there. I snagged this CWC built Hawthorne on Craigslist out of Nashville for super cheap. Bike was pretty complete, minus a skiptooth chain. Recently repainted this blue, which I had originally...
  3. supergoob

ChromeDoubt

Another build off season comes to an end. Its been a few years since I've been involved in a build off and, honestly, I wasn't planning on competing this year. One day I had a funky idea for a bike using up some old parts, lo and behold it was build off season so here we go! It's not crazy...
  4. supergoob

ChromeDoubt - See it in the Finished Bikes section!

Hi, I'm supergoob. You may remember me from such bikes as Raceliner back in Build Off 8: Shortly after Build Off 8 my career really took off and I've not been behind a computer screen for 8 hours a day like I was for so long. This really cut into my RRB forum time and, thus, my motivation...
  5. supergoob

Raceliner

Ladies & Gentlemen, I present to you.....Raceliner. (Please use this photo for voting purposes) Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=72054 Parts List: Frame - Spaceliner Fork - Aluminum Cannondale 700c Brakes - Cane Creek Levers - Tektro Handlebars - Bontrager Grips - Leather 1/8"...
  6. supergoob

FINALLY Found a Stingray!!!

So its been on my bicycle bucket list to "find" a stingray. Anybody can get online and buy one that someone else has found, but I really had faith that I could find my own one of these years. Finally found one!! Serial number LL on the head tube tells me it was built in November of 1975...
  7. supergoob

Firestone Vagabond folding/2pc bicycle

Brother picked this up for me today, should have it back at the shop here in a few hours. Just curious as to what year range this could be and what the value is? This bike is in perfect riding condition. I know there is a little niche market for bikes of this sort and they haven't...
  8. supergoob

Emory Unicycle Help?

Picked this up on a pick this weekend with thoughts of using it on a project of some sort. Its in really good shape but is missing a saddle. Brand name is Emory and it says it was hand made in Jacksonville, FL. It has a Schurmann wheel and a funky hub that is stamped with an N and a K with a...
  9. supergoob

VERY Cool Hedstrom Childrens Bicycle - help?

I picked this thing up on a pick this weekend in Northeast Oklahoma. The chain guard reads "Hedstrom" on the front and "Coaster Brake" toward the rear. It has solid rubber tires, one of which is split completely. What astounded me is how cheaply the entire thing is made. There are very few...
  10. supergoob

Help with rough year and value? Montgomery Ward Girls Bike

I picked this up at a yard sale a couple weeks ago. It is a Montgomery Ward womens bicycle, 3 speed hub with grip-style shifter, non-coaster brake, and in absolutely near perfect condition. Any idea on a rough year and what this would be worth? I've considered just gutting it for parts, but...
  11. supergoob

goob's RRBBO-8 build- Raceliner - !!!!!FINISHED!!!!!

I'm pretty new here, but this has quickly become my favorite forum out of the dozen or so forums that I frequent. That being said, I was going to pass on the Build Off 8 because I've only been here a month or so but have decided to give it a shot. Hopefully you guys will welcome a new guy into...
  12. supergoob

Picked this one up today...crazy deal!!

Searching the good ol craigslist this morning and stumbled upon this locally. Guy said it was a 72 Huffy. Nothing special other than the obvious and an Archer 3 speed rear hub & hardware. Enjoy!
  13. supergoob

Klunker Build Frame Choice...I need your expertise!!

The RRB bug has bitten HARD and I am in the market for a frame for a full on klunker build. I'll be cutting and welding and grinding so I'd like to start with a frame that meets certain criteria of mine. 1. Pre-war would be cool. I am very flexible on this because I'd like a: 2...
  14. supergoob

Need help on Identification and Valuation!!

My brother grabbed this little gem for the today, it has no markings on it (from what he says). The grips are Schwinn and the seat is a Schwinn Mesinger. Otherwise he didn't see markings. I'll have it back to the shop here in a few hours so I can get serial numbers. Any ideas?
  15. supergoob

AMF Roadmaster Sky Rider

My brother snagged this one for me today at a flea market. If I'm not mistaken, the manufacturer switched from the star chainring in 1962, which makes this a 60 or 61 model. Regardless, its an absolute peach.
  16. supergoob

New to the forum

Hey guys and gals. My name is Matt. I'm 25 and I am from Western KY. I am another one of those car/bike/antique kinda guys and have lurked on this forum for awhile so I decided to sign up. I buy and sell bikes and cars as a hobby, but intend to use this forum for much more than that...
Back