Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Phiredog

CL Elgin - Oriole or Cardinal or ?

Thanks and wow! Did not know the saddle was so valuable.
  2. Phiredog

CL Elgin - Oriole or Cardinal or ?

Haven't worked with bikes for a while because life. But, saw this and had to have it. $40 bucks seemed good for buying sight unseen. Just picked this up last night. Tried to get a serial number but only could make out B9. Needs more cleaning. Tires are like rocks, may need to hacksaw them off...
  3. Phiredog

Skip tooth sprocket removal

Anybody know a good way to remove this sprocket nut without involving a hammer? I would imagine a tool for this existed once upon a time. Thanks in advance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Phiredog

Help ID please. Thinking it's a Colson.

Yes - SMB in an oval. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Phiredog

Unique Girls Elgin

Picked this up yesterday for the skip tooth wheel set. Somebody customized it many moons ago with house paint. The grips are in great shape, the inside of the light is clean, it has a nifty hub shiner. The front rim appears to be a Schwinn s-2 and the rear a drop center with red band Bendix hub...
  6. Phiredog

Hope these photos help: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Phiredog

Thanks for the info. I'll get better photos tomorrow.
  8. Phiredog

Thanks for I the feedback guys! I'm not that concerned about who made it other than just for the sake of knowing. Plus, it may help me ID bikes better in the future.
  9. Phiredog

Bump - anyone? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Phiredog

Picked this up along with a girls Schwinn and can't ID it. The forks look Schwinn-ish and the skip tooth sprocket too but no head badge. Bottom bracket shows 1299450 and SD or 5D or 3D. Thanks for any help. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Phiredog

Elgin

Nice bike! Love the chain guard too!
  12. Phiredog

Need help on this one, please. Single bar?

So it's called a "no bar." Thanks for the info. Would it be a balloon tire or middleweight? Still haven't seen it in person. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Phiredog

Thanks! I'll do some research.
  14. Phiredog

Found on CL and haven't seen this particular model before. Not sure what it's called - single bar maybe. Thinking about picking it up if it's a 26-in. Thanks in advance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Phiredog

"For Ape Hangers Only" Club

Sure did. Here's a shot of the fenders side by side with one mostly stripped. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Phiredog

Thanks for the comments. I really like it simple, too. I still have the original fenders but like it better without them. I may change my mind once I get all the old gray paint off of them and they are chrome again.
  17. Phiredog

1939 Elgin with apes. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Phiredog

Sears Free Spirit Girls Bike

A friend gave me this bike. It's very clean. The banana seat is plastic and the sissy bar is bent. Says "Sears - Made in USA" on the bottom bracket. Haven't found serial no. yet. Will probably put the apes on another bike and the wheels on a boys muscle bike I'm building.
  19. Phiredog

Murrays

Nice bike! I have a similar tank light from a girls 63 Murray.
  20. Phiredog

Was drag racing really that big?

Agreed!
Back