Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Frankie plekhand

Ratracer

Ladies and gentleman, i present to you. Ratracer Fast, mean, unforgiving. Steel frame, 27,5 inch wheels, single speed with disc brakes. Build thread Sorry i wasn't super involved this year, but never the less i had a blast.
  2. Frankie plekhand

Ratracer

So this happened.. In my hometown... Yes i need this, twin top tube, disc brake, 27.5, cruiser style, tyre slanging, single speed mean son of a gun. Yes, to take simple rides during nice summer evenings through the forest, just to ride and nothing else... To escape the ratrace of the day.. Ok...
  3. Frankie plekhand

1950s? Murray Meteor Flight

I got a chance at buying this bike for just 100 euros What can the experts over here tell me about it The guys says its from the 50s He says its al complete, the lights just need rewiring
  4. Frankie plekhand

Willi Witch

Willi Witch, started as a ladies, transformed into a rat Build thread Thanks for all the support!
  5. Frankie plekhand

Willi Witch

Hi guys! Back again for BO17, had so much fun and inspiration last year i decided to go at it again. It is already so hard to keep up with all the builds that are going on already, so much coolness, man.... Well my starting point is a 1947 CWC Hawthorne that i picked up last fall and it will...
  6. Frankie plekhand

Ratrod

So i picked up this Electra Ratrod for , 40 bucks last week. Pretty rough, but good enough for a daily driver. Today i had some free time in between two appointments so i decided to check the bike, give it a clean and make it run a bit better. Took apart the rear hub and the bottom bracket...
  7. Frankie plekhand

Electra Ratrod

Just picked up this Ratrod for 40 bucks. Alu frame, 3 speed. A bit rough but couldn't let it pass by.. The guy said it was about 7 years old but my guess is it's a 2011 model. Not the original rear fender and the front carrier really has to go😅. A quick lube and a new chain and it will be a...
  8. Frankie plekhand

Fool Suspension

Hi guys, I'll be joining this years ORBO with a klunker or a bomber, that i'll decide later on in the build off. I'm starting with a Electra Jester i traded some time ago for a handle bar and a rear rack (what a fool..). Since a Jester is also called a fool, and this bike will have no...
  9. Frankie plekhand

Hawthorne

Got a chance to buy this Hawthorne for 150 bucks. They say it's from the 40s, does anyone know if this is true? Would be a good contestant for a gender bender right?
  10. Frankie plekhand

Monark Sparker

And there she is, really happy with the result! Build thread over here Some detail shots Thanks for the adventure and the inspiration! Next year i will join class 2!
  11. Frankie plekhand

Monark Silver King

Found this on the ol interweb. Seller is in the Netherlands What could this be worth?
  12. Frankie plekhand

Tank mounting

Hi guys, I have a tank laying around and i was thinking of mounting it on my BO entry. Since i do not want to repaint the frame (and i'm not sure i'm gonna like it) i don't want to weld tabs in the frame. How are tanks mounted on frames? Could you show me some pictures how tanks are typically...
  13. Frankie plekhand

Monark Sparker

Hè guys! It's been a few years but it's time again to enter another buildoff[emoji322] My last entry was BO9, had a lot of fun that year so i decided to join again for BO16 My starting point is an Electra Sparker SPL aluminum frame. Always liked the way these "flatfoot technology" frames...
  14. Frankie plekhand

Widening a forq

Hi guys! It's been a few years but i'm back building a simple cruiser. 26 inch front Wheel and a 24 inch back Wheel. I'm using a old moped forq and it's too narrow for the rim... I wanted to use a 57mm rim but they were not available so i bought 65 mm. The distance between the fork legs is...
  15. Frankie plekhand

Tires

I was just wondering... What type of tires are on a muscle bike? Slicks, dirt, street? Thanx!!
  16. Frankie plekhand

El Diablo ( BO-10 ) Time to finish her!

Well sorry for the long brake i had to take from bike building and the forum. I had to renovate a home, marry my wife, landscape the garden etc.. But since the most of it is done its time to get building again:grin: Been lurking now and then and i saw some really cool bikes being build this...
  17. Frankie plekhand

El Diablo

My entry for this year will be the first motorized build i've ever attempted... I have a frame that needs to be modified for the engine and a tank and an engine The engine is a sachs spartamet engine I dont like the rear wheel so i'm gonna modify it so it will be chain driven on the right...
  18. Frankie plekhand

MBBO entry

Well with BO Ten coming up i decided i really need to finish my last build before entering the next because i need to focus on 1 build at a time so i grabbed some paint at the dollar store and got busy[emoji12] (finally) Just slap on some flat black! Here is the link to the build thread...
  19. Frankie plekhand

( MBBO Class 1 ) No name yet...

Hi guys! I had so much fun with the last BO i decided to enter the MBBO too8-) I've always wanted a bike with a bananaseat and a huge apehanger! I picked up this bike a few weeks ago for a measly 15 bucks Almost lost it to my girlfriend but i told her it wasnt her size:rolleyes: I'll only be...
  20. Frankie plekhand

The Junktracker

Well, it's done.. From a pile of junk to a bike:D First of all i wanted to say that you guys inspired me with all your cool builds and that i had a lott of fun building the bike and watching all the bikes being build! The inspiration for this bike was the Harley Davidson peashooter which i...
Back