Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

No brand strand -- Updated pics!

Freaking awesome bike. who makes that seat post? I want a red one
  2. S

Head set swap

I have a 62 Schwinn American and I was wondering if anyone has done a head set swap on one from the same era. The problem I have is; that the upper race is inverted meaning that the bearing cup screws onto the fork instead of being pressed into the head tube. I can get a couple pictures tonight...
  3. S

Galtbacken "Vincent"

That is really cool. How did you make your grips? I've been thinking about making some for mine.
  4. S

TypTohe's build

I love it...you need more motor though;)
  5. S

Chop's House of Speed and Style: Shop Bike

Beautiful chopper
  6. S

Coaster brake stuck

I was able to get it apart and resemble and it works now. Thank you.
  7. S

Coaster brake stuck

I broke down and reassembled my shimano coaster brake hub and the brake is stuck on. I tore it down to where the cone and the shoes are wedged together in the housing. Should I try taking it apart or should I just get a new wheel? And if I take it apart how should I go about it?
  8. S

Light up Brake light

I might have to save my pennies or that one. That is cool :D
  9. S

Light up Brake light

Do you have a link for that?
  10. S

Light up Brake light

From what I understand about motorcycle/moped brake switches is that the switch is in the brake handle itself. Pull the handle and it completes the circuit for the light and turn it on. Please correct me if I am wrong. I should have said that I plan on motorizing the bike and putting disks on.
  11. S

Intro

Plans changed, amazing how that happens:P Now I think I'am going to make it motorized with a 5ish hp b&s and put disks on eventually.
  12. S

Light up Brake light

How could a brake light be done in a motorcycle/moped fashion without it looking like a cannibalized mess on a bicycle? :?: :?:
  13. S

black schwinn american

When did Schwinn put out black for the american? and what did they look like new? i can find ads for the early 60s but not any thing older.
  14. S

Vintage looking board track racer project

I love how it looks like its running up hill....if that makes any sense.
  15. S

Old Wearwell Cycle Co. build

Beautiful bike. How do you like the auto hub? I am thinking about doing something like your bike with my Schwinn american.
  16. S

Old Wearwell Cycle Co. build

Beautiful bike. How do you like the auto hub? I am thinking about doing something like your bike with my Schwinn american.
  17. S

Intro

Here is my almost all original 52 Schwinn american. Future plans are custom made skate board seat with spider web frame and sissy bar then later custom made 30"(ish) ape hangers I am debating painting it or chroming it because these frames look good chromed out. 8)
  18. S

Skate board seat

I am going to start mapping out everything tomorrow. is there any way I could just transfer this page over to the builds section? Or is it just not worth moving?
  19. S

Skate board seat

I will defentetly post a build once I get off my lazy butt and start building it. Beer run is a little bit busy for my tastes and the skis look cool i am just using what I have. Thanks for the advise.
  20. S

Skate board seat

:idea: So I am thinking of building a banana type seat for my Schwinn and i want to use a skate board (like the ICHI seats). I want it clean simple and cool. I was thinking of having a metal collar going around the seat post then 3/8th round stock in a spider web frame under it then building...
Back