Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Head set swap

I have a 62 Schwinn American and I was wondering if anyone has done a head set swap on one from the same era. The problem I have is; that the upper race is inverted meaning that the bearing cup screws onto the fork instead of being pressed into the head tube. I can get a couple pictures tonight...
  2. S

Coaster brake stuck

I broke down and reassembled my shimano coaster brake hub and the brake is stuck on. I tore it down to where the cone and the shoes are wedged together in the housing. Should I try taking it apart or should I just get a new wheel? And if I take it apart how should I go about it?
  3. S

Light up Brake light

How could a brake light be done in a motorcycle/moped fashion without it looking like a cannibalized mess on a bicycle? :?: :?:
  4. S

black schwinn american

When did Schwinn put out black for the american? and what did they look like new? i can find ads for the early 60s but not any thing older.
  5. S

Skate board seat

:idea: So I am thinking of building a banana type seat for my Schwinn and i want to use a skate board (like the ICHI seats). I want it clean simple and cool. I was thinking of having a metal collar going around the seat post then 3/8th round stock in a spider web frame under it then building...
  6. S

Rear drop outs to far apart

I have a 80's mountain bike and i want to make it a single speed. I have seen single speed kits for different wheels but I want to use a regular single speed wheel. So my question is, how do I get the rear drop outs closer together while keeping the sprockets in line?
  7. S

Intro

I have a 1952 Schwinn american aka my board tracker and a JC Penny road bike frame from the 70s I will post pictures of my Schwinn when I get a chance but I cant get to my road bike since it is buried in storage. I really love this site. Stersam
Back