Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

Cable barrel adjuster stuck.....

Chain is broke on gear adjuster...barrel will not screw off to replace. When I turn barrel the whole cable turns with it. Trying not to break as I don't want to replace cable.......Don't know if I should try and hold cable and force it...... It is an old 3 speed twist grip...looks like it...
  2. R

Goodyear Highway Patrol by Columbia.....

Picked this up today...head badge says: Goodyear Highway Patrol by Columbia. Has a Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub that says 66. No chainguard or tank to see which model.....did this come with the Sturmey? Has original tires, lots of cracks, will change out. Will go a little wider....these are 26x 1...
  3. R

Tires for this bike I just picked up.....

Just picked up this Goodyear Highway Patrol bike (1966) according to hub. Tires appear to be original, holding air but cracking. Size is 26x 1 3/8....can I put a little wider tire on here as I will be riding some paved road and some gravel. These aren't like the older Schwinns where you need...
  4. R

Is this the right part?

Goodyear Highway Patrol built by Columbia...Sturmey Archer Hub says 66 so guessing its 1966. As you can see the gear adjuster chain is just hanging on. Is the one in the pic good for this? They all look similar.....guessing spin off coupling to disconnect from cable then pull out or spin out...
  5. R

Help ID rear bike rack.....

Have a few Pletschers but don't know what this one is.....I am thinking maybe I got it off of a 70's Huffy or Murray?
  6. R

Raleigh model and year please?

Don't know year and model..... thanks.
  7. R

Schwinn Tandem help please.....

A few questions about this bike please! First, the year...picked this up today. Also as you can see there are a few things not original...of course tires, seats, seat clamp, rear reflector.....wondering about the fenders? The rims look original but not sure...and also not sure of the front chain...
  8. R

Year of this Raleigh please?

Anyone know the year of this Sports model with the twist shifter? Thanks.
  9. R

Cheapest bike.....best ride!!!

Have had many road bikes that cost me a few bucks, Trek (a few), Look, Raleigh and a few others but this bike for 35. and 35. for tires is the best and smoothest ride of them all! It pedals so smoothly, rolls forever downhill and shifts flawlessly. Brakes are really strong and silent when...
  10. R

Frame ID? Huffy, Murray?

Picked up this frame recently...crank not original...just guessing what it is.
  11. R

Shogun 400 Road Bike.....

Picked this up 2 days ago. Shogun 400 12 Speed (Champion #2 frame). Only thing I had to do was replace front tire. Guy bought it new in early 80's... think it's an '82. Cleaned up but really didn't need it...rides great! Excellent condition. Picked up for $35 .......could not pass it up...
  12. R

Schwinn Classic Cruiser

100TH Anniversary bike? What is the bar on front?
  13. R

Need help determining..... which way??

Which way would you keep this bike?
  14. R

Raleigh Sports.....Year?

Looking at this bike, can't find pic anywhere with Large Raleigh on tube..... Does anyone know the year????? Thx.
  15. R

Genesis ONYX 29'er.....

Have this bike, don't know how old but barely ridden.....spent 90% of it's life in a spare bedroom... removed the stickers and decals (except on lower forks...think it looks better. Replaced the stock pedals as they were cracking... they also look and feel better. Excellent condition, I am more...
  16. R

Another project.....Huffy this time.....year??

Picked this up today...has been totally painted. Head badge sticker painted over but can make out "Huffy" underneath. Need help with year though. Going to paint olive drab and chainguard black (if I keep it on). Rims have been painted gold so thinking of keeping like they are. Troxel comfort...
  17. R

Trouble selling...is this ad ok?

Have had this on craigslist for awhile, only one inquiry. Started at 395.00 and am currently at 330.00 Is it worth this and does the ad seem ok? Appreciate the input! https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/bik/d/naples-1970-raleigh-sports-speednice/7319154635.html
  18. R

Need your valued opinions with tire choice.....

Just got this repro/tribute Western Flyer......tires need to be changed out. Unable to get my first few choices....... Which one of these please? Also, diamond pattern or brick pattern?
  19. R

Help/Info on Repro I just picked up.....

Just picked up this Western Flyer Repro today. Persons leather saddle, springer front, 26" tires. Needed some adjustments, greased bottom bracket...tires hold air but going to change as there are a few slits in them. Good condition ,rides nice...front light was on fender but is just the shell as...
  20. R

Ross Eurotour 10 speed...year please?

Picked this up today, very nice condition, new tires, rides nice. Looking for serial#. Found 2312-676 on right rear drop out...is this the serial# ?
Back