Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. SprocketRocket

26' Schwinn S2 tire options?

I took several pics and you're right, with the flash on it looks like I got TRON wheels on there!
  2. SprocketRocket

☣☢ VerBoten ☠ϟ - Elgin Twin Evanaction Build - Big Butt Strikes Again!!

Looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing this bike in person at the midnight garden ride!
  3. SprocketRocket

Got my tires and mounted them up! I like them a lot. Wasn't sure if I would like the reflective strip, but I must say, I love them. Today was the first day I actually rode the bike since I bought it. Should've gone through it and greased it first....six miles was tough!!! Felt like I was pulling...
  4. SprocketRocket

[QUOngfish2I'm, post: 940893, member: 7362"]Are you riding in the Midnight Garde Yes! I say im going every year but it never works out. I'm trying to get done with two ratty cruisers to ride. My 52 panther and girlfriends 57 hollywood. I'm just worried about parking because apparently that's...
  5. SprocketRocket

I'm thinking 26x2.2 continental retro ride blackwalls. Cant find a picture of them on a old cruiser though. Anyone know anything about them?
  6. SprocketRocket

Thanks, that's extremely helpful info. Gonna order some tires today so I can get this old beauty ready for the Savannah bike ride next month!
  7. SprocketRocket

I've decided I would like to keep the original wheels on my 52 Panther and trying to figure out what my tire options are? Will the common tires like 26x2.125 quick bricks fit the S2 wheels? Right now it has mountain bike tires someone threw on there and there's so much conflicting info on this...
  8. SprocketRocket

'52 Rat Panther

Don't worry everybody I'm gonna leave it as is with the exception of adding some nice wheels and tires. I may get a three speed rear hub wheel so I can actually ride it in my area. If I do decide to sell it, I'll give you (blwnmny) a heads up
  9. SprocketRocket

'52 Rat Panther

Whoa that is one beautiful bike. Do you have a pic of the taillight? Mine is missing
  10. SprocketRocket

'52 Rat Panther

Yep that's the ones. And thanks for the info! I'll have to take some measurements on my bike and compare notes. Also wondering if 24" with fat tires would look good and fit as well?
  11. SprocketRocket

'52 Rat Panther

Thanks! It is original paint. All the chrome is trashed but the paint isn't too bad. I'm gonna keep it as a rat probably. Also, I can't go fenderless because I like that rocket ray headlight waaay to much.
  12. SprocketRocket

F.O.R.D.

Did you check the ditch for a body?
  13. SprocketRocket

Colson blister tank bike

Nice!
  14. SprocketRocket

'52 Rat Panther

Just picked this up from a CL ad. If I would quit buying bikes I might actually finish the projects I've already started. As for now, I just want to get a nice set of wheels with the fattest tires I can possibly fit on this thing. Possibly paint it, but no time soon. I could really use some...
  15. SprocketRocket

Evapo-rust Warning!

The paint looks like a dark brown metallic and I think the color in the decals was gold but I cant remember for sure.
  16. SprocketRocket

Evapo-rust Warning!

After further review I think what you are saying could be possible. I find it strange that the base of the decals stayed with the original paint underneath while the rest of the paint desintegrated around it.I suppose if the paint had become absorbent at some point moisture could have made its...
  17. SprocketRocket

Cosmic Cruiser

I left off with having made templates for all the bodyworks and acquiring chrome parts similar to the turbine shaped taillight bezels
  18. SprocketRocket

Cosmic Cruiser

I wish I could say yes, but no I haven't been able to get the time for a project this demanding. Lots going on with work and personally as I feared putting me way behind. I probably won't finish in time, but I will finish.
  19. SprocketRocket

Evapo-rust Warning!

After reading the countless good reviews and having this stuff recommended to me, I decided to buy some because the rear rack on my Cosmic Flyer had a few tiny specs of rust in the paint. The paint was near perfect but I decided not to hand polish it out because I didn't want to wear away any of...
  20. SprocketRocket

AMF The Fantastic One III

Really like those tires. Wish I could find some
Back