Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. U

Mismatched Wheel or Tire Sizes

Here's a couple I recently tossed together. Eagerly awaiting Sulky slick for the American.
  2. U

What about YELLOW bikes?!

Got this 1970s yellow Schwinn Collegiate recently.
  3. U

now I gotta build a bike... (24" Speedster)

I turned a camelback Racer into the an adult Fastback (the "Manta Racer"), and highly recommend it:
  4. U

What have you been riding lately?

Green Machine 1995 not-Chicago Schwinn with fenders for when it's wet Goldenboy 1966 Chicago Schwinn without for when it ain't
  5. U

1948 LaSalle

That would be the battery pack for a very rotten Delta headlight system!
  6. U

1948 LaSalle

Friend who works for the city found this in a clean up. New wheels were built from the existing hubs, rust was cleaned and cleared, moving parts greased and she rides again!
  7. U

the spaceracer

That is a great-looking bike.
  8. U

LONG forks, lets see them

Chopped 80's Predator fork on my 24" 63 American. Not the prettiest weld job, and the extensions aren't hollow so it weighs a ton, but it's a blast to ride.
  9. U

black bikes?

My 2 Schwinns...
  10. U

"Basket Case" Typhoon/Patina Fey

Here's my latest build & daily rider. A friend saved it from the local recycling yard for the princely sum of $2.00 American, while hunting Stingrays. My favorite color (!), straight frame, and the price was right. As received: The fork needs work and was replaced with a red one. I then...
  11. U

OGRE!!!

Not Ukrainian, just got a good deal on a place here. ...and I've only listed a few "bikes" on the C/L! A beat-up 20" Schwinn unicycle, an 80's Schwinn Predator "Yo" frame and a Typhoon frame. I try to keep all the gold for myself!
  12. U

OGRE!!!

Hola everyone...I'm not really "new" per se (1st post Jan 29, 2007), but I've never made a formal intro post (don't recall if it was an option then?). I'm in Chicago (Ukrainian Village, specifically), and I ride Chicago Schwinns. If anyone else in the filthy, windy city wants to hang out and...
  13. U

70's Schwinn Fastback Adult Size Project!

Nice! I did the same thing:
  14. U

Typhoon with Ape Hangers

Nice ride! IMO, not only do the apes make it look good- they make bikes ride more comfortably, as well. I'm a tall guy, and hunching over for stock cruiser bars does not bode well for my back.
  15. U

really... that's it for a while, unless they're free...

That's a nice ride! I agree, though, the skip-tooth is probably more trouble than it's worth, outside of restoration. I've got an old straightbar skip-tooth that I've been meaning to put together. It would certainly be a standard chain, if I ever do (not that I ever will). Which brings me to...
  16. U

RRBBO - 60's Western Flyer

That looks awesome, man.
  17. U

'48 north of the 49th

I'm liking the look of this project. The (off)white rims set it off. When I put my '53 together, I may just borrow that idea...
  18. U

I'm new!!!

Yeah, the shifters are tricky to come by nowadays. As for the stick on the black bike, I found it on a basket case fastback "project" some kid was selling at a yard sale a couple of years back. $50 for the whole thing, I scavenged it for parts (Mag, shifter, bars), then gave the rest...
  19. U

I'm new!!!

First off, I love this board. I've been building ridiculous bikes for several years, and this is right up my alley. Without further ado, here's what I built: 82 Schwinn Cruiser - Bought on consignment from the local cyclery. Single-speed converted to 5 with Krate shifter, Wald apes...
Back