Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. abqpropguy

Gender Benders

Here is my Hiawatha!
  2. abqpropguy

Gender Benders

I am going to post a pic of my bike as well!!! :)
  3. abqpropguy

Lets see your Columbia's!

This is a 1950? Columbia that I picked up last week off of craigslist. I thought it was too good to be true and thought it was going to be a scam but it turned out to be the real deal. The guy I bought it from is the grandson of the original owner who had recently been moved into a family...
  4. abqpropguy

Lets see your Columbia's!

I love the look of this bike!
  5. abqpropguy

30's Elgin

Aah!!! I get it! I will give that a shot and the diesel sounds like a winner!!! Thanks so much!!!
  6. abqpropguy

30's Elgin

I am looking to clean a chain (or 4) as well......can I ask what a wire cup is and the process for cleaning? I have tried white vinegar before with horrible results......the chains just fell apart :(
  7. abqpropguy

Ed's '41 Elgin DeLuxe (Build Thread)

Awesome work and it has given me inspiration to get to work on my 2 Elgins, I keep thinking I need to take the seats somewhere to be re-upholstered.....but I think I will give it go myself!
  8. abqpropguy

Let's see your bike in front of...

My GB Hiawatha in front of the Albuquerque Studio's Soundstages where Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul was and are filmed.
  9. abqpropguy

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

Thanks!! Now that is awesome to hear! Is there not a website that shows the serial numbers for Elgins? For such cool bikes there is not much info on them! I also have a cool twin bar that is on a previous page on this thread! I guess I am now a Elgin collector! :D The toolbox one has a...
  10. abqpropguy

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

Here are 2 I have picked up recently, both are complete and I will post pics of them assembled. If anyone has ideas on years and models.....please let me know! The first one I guess is called a tool box Elgin #1 I am not sure what type the 2nd one is......it at least has a head...
  11. abqpropguy

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

I agree.....if I could only find a pair.....that was not like $75.00!!! There is a pair of repops on eBay......guy is out of his mind! :P
  12. abqpropguy

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

I did powder coat it! The frame is RAL 1015 - Light Ivory and the other color is RAL 7016 - Anthracite Gray
  13. abqpropguy

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

Here is my Elgin, Not sure of the year.......but this is pretty much my favorite bike I own!! It was in pieces, but all there when I found it. Even the lock came with it! Piecing it together pics:
  14. abqpropguy

(WBO) 1960 Murray sonic flight "Bumblebee"

Awesome bike and the flight of the bumble bee video is pretty cool too!! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. abqpropguy

.....and today in my bike hunting history!!!

Getting it broke down and taking it to get soda blasted!
  16. abqpropguy

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

I love the look of this.....can I ask what the color is for the frame? I was thinking about doing my frame in a vintage VW color called Silver Beige.
  17. abqpropguy

THE FINAL 13

Fantastic bikes and the photos are gorgeous photos! Congratulations winners!!!
  18. abqpropguy

A guy I know whom sold me a 51 Hawthorne and 39 Goodyear just over a year ago notified me he had another bike up for sale. A bike I did not even know he had! He just recently moved from the city out into the country (desert) side and can't really ride these types of bikes anymore! I met up with...
  19. abqpropguy

I picked this up!! I know it's an Elgin Twin...just not sure of much else! :D I just got into bikes just a little over a year ago......the last bike I had owned previous was probably 1980.....so I am still novice as all get out. Stumbling along so to speak......learning as I go! I am...
  20. abqpropguy

Let's see your Hiawatha bikes

Yes! It was clear coated!
Back