Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. JimMendel

Mrs Robinson

Intensely cool! Keep up the good work saving a piece of history. :thumbsup:
  2. JimMendel

You guys see any problems with this idea?

I put some Wald 870 bars on it. Rode it around last weekend, it's a cruiser for sure. I was thinking a gold paint job would look good with the whitewalls. Ideas?
  3. JimMendel

Too far gone. If it were a rare bike, I wouldn't change it. It was basically 6 layers of spray paint over rust.
  4. JimMendel

Pretty excited

That's a racing bike for sure. Nice bike!
  5. JimMendel

1958 Schwinn Racer - Completed!

Nice bike in great shape. A survivor.
  6. JimMendel

It’s a cut down full size rear fender. The angle grinder makes short work of it.
  7. JimMendel

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you!
  8. JimMendel

Here's it is before any paintwork, rides nice with the fat tires on it! :happy:
  9. JimMendel

So I wanted to upgrade to modern aluminum wheels and a 3-speed hub for this: With parts pirated off of this: I figure I can keep the fenders, bars, crank and maybe the headset off the girls bike. The wheels and tires on it are mint, no rust at all. Is it worth $65?
  10. JimMendel

My Street Racer Classic 5 build in progress.

You're right, it would, but those old ancient bikes had way different frame geometry and details. All you can do is try to replicate the style, unless you actually find a real one.
  11. JimMendel

My Street Racer Classic 5 build in progress.

Nice bike! :thumbsup: I built a similar bike a while ago, tried to get that "Major Taylor" look with it.
  12. JimMendel

What have you been riding lately?

Rode this bike around last weekend. It's an older Bridgestone, about a '73 or '74 that has a cool lugged Japanese frame and some lighter weight improvements from other Asian bikes added. The fenders are original equipment, but the aluminum wheels, crank, derailleur and stem are add-ons. It's a...
  13. JimMendel

Schwinn Varsity superbike build.

Grant, A Varsity? The worlds heaviest 10 speed. Durable and everlasting for sure, but fast? :bigsmile: I'll give you props for originality, though.
  14. JimMendel

Thanks, man!
  15. JimMendel

Riding around on this, a mid 80s Schwinn with German fenders..it's light..it's an indexed 6 speed with stem shifters. Need to rethink the bars, though. I liked the English 3 speed look, so...
  16. JimMendel

Extrastahlohr Titanus

Racing frame geometry didn't change much for a lot of years, looks like.
  17. JimMendel

1948 Monark Rocket Revival

If I was closer, I'd come and check them out.
  18. JimMendel

1948 Monark Rocket Revival

Nice looking old bike. :113: One of these days I'll find a balloon tire bike to play with.
  19. JimMendel

Can I run modern beach cruiser tires and wheels on an old Schwinn?

I have a nice, straight 1964 Typhoon frame with S-7 Schwinn middleweight wheels. Was thinking about buying a later model beach cruiser and pirate the wheels off of it as part of the build. It has fenders on it. Will they still fit?
  20. JimMendel

Krylon candy apple red paint.

I need to color sand it and shoot 2 more light coats of clear...that would look really nice. :thumbsup:
Back