Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BikeNerd

Fender Braces?

I got a set of fenders (both rear) given to me at the bike co-op last fall and I would like to make street sweepers out of them for my Schwinn cruiser. My question is what can I make for fender braces and can I just go to the hardware store to get the metal and fashion a set out of them? I...
  2. BikeNerd

KT Hubs - Any Good?

The other day I ordered a KT coaster brake hub from the bike shop. I was going to "three-speed" my Schwinn Cruiser but it was just getting too complicated and I'm between jobs at the moment. The shop already had a 20" alu. wheel with this hub but it was much cheaper to order the hub alone since...
  3. BikeNerd

Fat Tires - How Practical for Long Distance Riding?

Although I'm new to the Rat Rod scene I have been involved in cycling for a good twenty years and have done a few "century" rides in the past. I'm familiar with the Schwalbe tires such as the Marathon but I never heard of the Thick Brick until I came across this site. My question is how are...
  4. BikeNerd

Supply of Old Cruisers Drying Up?

Newbie question. I was wondering if there was any fear of new finds of old Hawthorns, Elgins, JC Higgins, pre-war Schwinns etc. will start to dry up anytime soon. I know it will happen eventually but is there any evidence that it's happening now? Just curious since I'm basically unfamiliar with...
  5. BikeNerd

Hello from SW Ohio

Hi, everybody! Been lurking here for a few months and I decided to take the plunge. I got a late '90's (I think) Schwinn Cruiser 5 that was abandoned at a neighbor's house. I made it into a Rat Rod with 700c wheels and a SRAM 3-spd hub. It's almost done, I'm waiting on a cable stop I...
Back