Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. mornview

Need help identifying this bike

Thanks to everyone who has replied! This information was particularly helpful; my crank reads "11 37"
  2. mornview

Serial code on the bottom bracket is Y92069. I appreciate any help!
  3. mornview

Edit - sorry for the double post - I'm not sure how to delete this one.
  4. mornview

Murray Astro Flite

Never knew that about the seatposts, very cool!
  5. mornview

Schwinn Cruiser 5

Figured I'd post this one as is before I modify it a good deal in the next week. This has been my daily commuter and touring bike for the last ~2 years. I'm sure I've put hundreds of miles on it as I've been living car free during that time. I've been running a Bendix red band single speed...
  6. mornview

Rack for sale

Yep, I can see it now. Not quite what I was looking for but thanks for fixing the image. Good luck with the sale!
  7. mornview

Rack for sale

Hi Chuck, picture isn't working for me.
  8. mornview

Schwinn b10e frame $300

His stuff usually sells fast, so judging by the date it was posted I would guess it's not.
  9. mornview

1960 Sonic Flyer Part Out. Chrome wheels/fenders

Hi, does the Komet hub have an oil port on it? Some of them did, some didn't. Thanks! - Kyle
  10. mornview

BMX Style Cruiser Bars, Can I get some options Please.

If you would have any interest in selling it, I've been looking for one for a while.
  11. mornview

Shimano 3CC sadness

Just going to chime in and say that I have also successfully overhauled these and it's probably the easiest 3 speed I've ever overhauled. And contrary to the comment above I have done centuries on it. The bike shop that told you it wasn't serviceable was probably mistaking it for one of the...
  12. mornview

'64 Schwinn Hornet Strandie

Where did you get the handlebars?
  13. mornview

Malibu Hopper build (pre-powder coat)

I'll try to see if I can get some outdoor pics later; the paint really shines in the sun.
  14. mornview

Malibu Hopper build (pre-powder coat)

I've had this done for years now, just never got around to posting it. Figured I should get it posted now as I got a pair of his and hers Schwinn Cruiser 5's over the weekend and I'll probably end up moving alot of these parts over to the 'his' bike. I've put alot of miles on this build, done...
  15. mornview

Cleaning the herd

Pretty sure I'm interested in the KHS. Any idea if the frame is cro-mo?
  16. mornview

Shimano 3cc hub

Looking for one or more Shimano 3cc hubs, preferably with shifter and bell crank assembly. Thanks! - Kyle
  17. mornview

Elegant/classy BMX stems?

Honestly, it's a combination of looks and the rise that they provide. One thing I did not realize until Chuy chimed in here is that what I *really* like is not BMX bars so much as old motocross bars. My first BMX bars were the aforementioned Nitto B708. I've put in a lot of time finding a...
  18. mornview

Hey late reply as things have been crazy but thank you much. I haven't been able to get my hands on the MTS 101 but I settled for the similar MTS 100 and then bought some repop enduro bars, chopped 2 inches off and I am ecstatic, this is a beautiful combo. Didn't realize from the pictures that...
  19. mornview

Thanks to everyone for the replies so far; I already feel like I have a few ideas. But I really like this one ... any idea what the handlebars are? They look pretty darn similar to what I was planning to go with (Nitto B708). If I could ttact down that stem/bars combo I think that'd be it.
  20. mornview

Strange thread, I know. Out of all the sub-forums on here I'm guessing this is the most appropriate place to ask. There's a world of BMX stems out there so I'm helping someone can help me sort through them. I'm looking for a threaded/quill type BMX stem. My wife's main commuter is an old...
Back