Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Richard

EBAY Bid Fell Through

Just got a message from EBAY and one from Pay-Pal that I will be getting a refund. The seller did send me a message saying that he had been out of town and didn't know of my issue with the refund...Unh ? Maybe so ? He has received a couple more negative ratings since then. If someone has items...
  2. Richard

EBAY Bid Fell Through

I have placed a negative feedback and commented on this guy(Schyster) like others have on his ebay page...but he also has some good feedbacks as well....Unh ? Waiting to hear from ebay about the refund. I really needed that tank. All it needed was a repaint and horn. No rust. Oh well live and...
  3. Richard

EBAY Bid Fell Through

Yeah, I did that. I realized as I was posting this that I should look into that through ebay. They have responded..and so I am waiting to hear about my refund. The seller, does , have some bad reviews about not fulfilling ebay transactions. Learned my lesson there. It's sad that there are people...
  4. Richard

EBAY Bid Fell Through

Last month I won a bid for a Schwinn (branded with "Excelsior") straight bar tank for my 1950 D19. A couple of days later the seller tells me that his pay-pal account is messed up and that he will refund my money. So he wouldn't be able to ship it to me and instead encouraged me to pick it up...
  5. Richard

26" Schwinn Stingray Clone

Gives me an idea for 50 Schwinn StraightBar....Hmmmmm ?
  6. Richard

Western Flyer Muscle Bike...Something ?

Thanks Mark. I'm just curious about the orange color that this bike has. I have done some checking and can't seem to find anything yet. You have a great looking bike there.
  7. Richard

Have the idea of maybe doing a "Rat Fink" theme for this bike ? I could still use the yellow seat and grips. Maybe a bright green paint job with "Rat Fink" decals ? Yellow chainguard since it has already been painted ? Just considering it...?
  8. Richard

rummage sale elgin

Great find ! Mike Wolf of American Pickers would be envious.
  9. Richard

Schwinn Packard yard sale find

Great find ! Love the patina on that one. Just freshen up a bit and enjoy.
  10. Richard

Those are some nice one's but this bike appears to have been completely orange with no blending ?
  11. Richard

Picked up this W.F. from a dealer on ebay. It is advertised as a W.F. Wrangler bicycle. It has been painted a couple of times. I'm wondering if a clothing store at one time used this bike as store display to help sell Wrangler Jeans ? The stenciling on the chainguard is very good but chrome tape...
  12. Richard

Naval Jelly Magic on 52 Hornet / 42 Roadmaster

Great looking bike. I'm in the process of removing rust from this bike that I got a couple of weeks ago. I'm using a product called "Metal Rescue" it has no acids and it is safe to use. It's working pretty good so far.
  13. Richard

1967 Huffy Cheater Slick

Great looking ole Muscle bike. I have a 67 like that one that I purchased from a friend on Muscle Bike Forum. I plan to recreate my first bike with it. I had a 68 or 69 Deluxe Dragster. Red with a black/white seat. I'm still needing some parts (seat,chainguard and pedals) I still have the...
  14. Richard

its a huffy

That should be a fun project. With the original "Holiday" stickers/decals on there, I would be tempted to just smooth it down and spray a clear coat on it. Just add new chain,seat and tires. Cool bike !
  15. Richard

its a huffy

Good find...!
  16. Richard

Vintage Schwinn Straight Bar

....In the process of removing fork and crank. It was originally red and I'm seeing some white around the front. Having some difficulty removing the fork and one very stuck pedal. I have applied Seafoam Deep Creep and letting it work itself in. Can the kickstand be removed ? It is very loose.
  17. Richard

...Just removed the head badge off the front and a Copper color is there. I'm thinking that this is the original color ? With the stripes still visible on the forks,I'm guessing it has original paint all over it ?
  18. Richard

Agreed, after looking at the photos (Schwinn ad) again,it isn't a Panther. I was thinking between $60.00 - $80.00 after doing some more research on it. Thanks. Richard.
  19. Richard

Thanks for all your inputs. I've looked up the serial no. twice and it keeps coming back 8/18 1950. Ross chainguard, that makes sense. I've noticed that Schwinn chainguards of this style extend to and just a bit over the rear sprocket. The original paint seems to be gold or tan to me with the...
  20. Richard

I have just acquired this vintage Schwinn Straight bar. The serial number suggest that it is a 1950 model after going to a web site for info. I'm not to sure about that ? The bike still has the original paint (gold or copper) and what seems to be the original chainguard. However, the chain guard...
Back