Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. almaguer4

Loose bearings for headset

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks you all for the information and suggestions. Much appreciated. Crash, yes, I’ll reach to him. Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. almaguer4

PS...has anyone used loose bearings on top and bottom? Here's the other pic
  3. almaguer4

I replaced the headset bearings on a 69 Sears Spyder using caged bearings. The size of top bearings looked a bit different so I used the old one. I cleaned it, adjusted it and greased it. The bottom one looked right so I used the new one. From day one, the top race never fit right, but I...
  4. almaguer4

Sears Spyder Excel Brake Spring

Hey Dave, Sorry for the late response. I got the brake and will go on the bike later this week. Again, thanks a bunch Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. almaguer4

Dave, I received the brakes. Thanks a bunch. Do you have Zelle or PayPal? I like to pay you for the shipping. Send a pm. Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. almaguer4

Thanks for the follow up. I replied to your email last week with my address. I’ll check to see if I can send a pm instead. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. almaguer4

Hello, Yes! that’s the spring. Thanks for following up with me. What are you asking for the spring and/or the whole brake assembly? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. almaguer4

Restored Sears Spyder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. almaguer4

Restored Sears Spyder

I had fun restoring this Spyder for my grandson. It’s even more fun watching him clean and polish this bike. He really takes care of it. Although his buddies are riding fixies or modern bikes, he rides his Spyder. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. almaguer4

Here are some pics of the Sears Spyder I restored to riding condition. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. almaguer4

Hello All, Recently restored a late 60’s Sears Spyder with rear dual brake system. The only problem I’m having is finding parts for the Excel brakes such as the spring. Anyone out there have one? I’ll post some pics of the bike later today. Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. almaguer4

Chrome Wheel Cleanup

I use this method as well, often, but tend to lean on the bronze wool for certain parts. Steel wool is cheaper and easier to find too. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. almaguer4

Chrome Wheel Cleanup

I’m always amazed on how well rusty old wheels clean up. This wheel set is from my 67 Sears Spyder. The inside of the rims looks brand new. I have a short video of a side by side of the wheels but can’t load it. Used bronze wool pads and vinegar to get rid of the rust. Sent from my...
  14. almaguer4

Shimano 333 Derailleur

So the bike was complete and included the Shimano 333 derailleur. The derailleur was a bit rusty so I cleaned up and serviced it as best I could. It looks ok and works well. Just looking for a 333 in better condition. Once I reassemble the bike, I’ll post some pics. Thanks Sent from my...
  15. almaguer4

Shimano 333 Derailleur

The bike is in pieces. Broke it down to clean up all the chrome parts, wheels and replace all the bearings. The bike was very rusty, but amazingly everything is cleaning up really well. I always forget to take before and after pictures. Maybe next time. Here’s a few pics. Sent from my...
  16. almaguer4

Shimano 333 Derailleur

Thanks for replying. I am hoping to find the original Shimano 333. My Sears Spyder is a 67. I’m n the process of restoring it so it’s in pieces at the moment. Will post pics soon. Again, thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. almaguer4

Shimano 333 Derailleur

This derailleur is for a Sears Spyder 10 speed bike. The one on the bike is rusted pretty bad. I managed to clean it up and it’s ok, but would love a better looking one. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. almaguer4

Shimano 333 Derailleur

Anyone have a Shimano 333 Derailleur for sale? Here’s a pic for reference. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. almaguer4

Schwinn S7 Wheel

Thanks fellas. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. almaguer4

Memorial Day Bike Ride

First Family ride. Had a few minor hiccups but overall a good ride. My nephews are thrilled with their muscle bikes. N Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back