Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Chad T

The… needs a new name

Holy Smoke
  2. Chad T

The… needs a new name

Black Jet Shadow Rail Drag Star Black Star?
  3. Chad T

The… needs a new name

Cocoa Huff :D
  4. Chad T

The… needs a new name

5. Chad T

The… needs a new name

Thunder Rail Smoke Shot Coal Train
  6. Chad T

Aug. ‘65 Schwinn Sting-Ray J33

Very intrigued by this front fender. Looks like the stay is riveted on that? And I see indents that look like they're specifically for the springer. Is there any other attachment point for the front fender? Would love to get a better look at it. :nerd:
  7. Chad T

something wicked this way comes....

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/C8DtIsf0mVSbC" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>
  8. Chad T

Old zinc spokes will be dull gray. Look at the catalog pics. Spokes are very shiny. When this guy got this bike it would have had shiny spokes. These bikes did not come from the factory with 60-year-old dull gray spokes. CRASH always uses new stainless which has a bit more shine but will look...
  9. Chad T

+fenders and whitewalls. Not sure if anything else. '65 is a new rabbit hole for me. Edit: Looks like whitewalls were optional. J37 = Deluxe with whitewalls. J36 = Blackwalls. Smartly equipped with Schwinn's famous spring fork, streamlined Sting-ray saddle, chrome plated fenders, sting-ray...
  10. Chad T

....one other thing. On the spokes. When this guy got this bike new in 1965 those zinc plated spokes would have been very shiny. You'll never get that shine on a 60 year old one and would not make sense at all on a full resto IMO.
  11. Chad T

Thought I spied a screw in that back stay. Makes sense! You replacing with matching screws or the newer ones that look like rivets? Didn't even think about the saddle. Why not upgrade for 10 bux? 😭
  12. Chad T

j33 = regular fenderless Sting Ray with springer. Guessing spokes will indeed be NOS. New OH Shiny.
  13. Chad T

Yes looks like J33 CRASH but with fenders added? Looks like that front fender with the stay is unique to the springer as well. (Schwinn minutiae enjoyer). :)
  14. Chad T

Schwinn collectors def gravitate towards nice original examples but nothing wrong with restoring something like this. Can't wait to see the finished product.
  15. Chad T

That's gonna clean up real nice. Think I remember you finding some vinyl that was a close match to that early tufted material? I assume you will be doing a repaint and new decals. Chrysler Intense Blue Pearl is a very close match to the Schwinn blue.
  16. Chad T

something wicked this way comes....

These pretzels are making me thirsty. 🥨
  17. Chad T

Bolt-on kit for V-brakes on an old cruiser frame?

Hey guys. Didn't get any notification when you asked about the sissy bar clamp v-brake install. The bosses I used were out of an old manitou suspension fork. Similar to these but maybe a bit longer threaded part. Pretty sure they were M8 thread. Threaded part goes through the clamp and...
  18. Chad T

1971 Huffy Twin Stick Mag Wheel

Copy Steer Tube. This is Base Plate. Read you loud and clear. Go ahead.
  19. Chad T

1971 Huffy Twin Stick Mag Wheel

:cool:
  20. Chad T

ConTENtious

Def a Krate Killer! All the sizzle of a Dept store bike with all the excess of a Krate. Over the top with the 10 spd, dual rear calipers, front drum, springer fork and sissy, glitter, fade. Over the top in every way and it all looks factory original. One of your best!
Back