Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. P

Schwin varsity sport 1966 saddle

Thanks guys. I will return the conditioner and look for a more comfortable seat. I may be back for more questions regarding the bike as I continue to fix it up.
  2. P

Follow-up: I found a similar looking san marco saddle on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Selle-San-Marco-GLR-Bicycle-Seat-Saddle-RARE-Cycling-Like-Brooks-B-17-/161417235775?pt=US_Saddles_Seats&hash=item2595378d3f They also report that it is a hard plastic, kind of like I was thinking...
  3. P

Thanks, I am probably not going to drop 120$, but I will look around to see what else pops up. Would someone paint a leather saddle? There seems to be some kind of superficial paint or something on it. The bike shop sold me some Brooks saddle conditioner but I wonder how it could penetrate...
  4. P

Hello all. Just bought a schwinn varsity at a garage sale. I looked up the id and am pretty sure it is a 1966. I am sure I will have other questions, but right now I have a question about the saddle. Is this the original saddle? (See below) I am thinking not. As people seem to mention...
Back